Filling and LPG under slung tank (1 Viewer)

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Suffolk. Near Bury st Edmunds
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
We pick up our new (to us) IH van next week. We have no experience of under slung LPG tanks, but did struggle to get the right connector for our gas bottles on our previous Autotrail when in France.
SO , do we need a special adaptor to fill the under slung tank when in France or elsewhere in Europe? And if so, has any one had any experience with them, and where did you get them...pictures would really help.!
Thank you.

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Oooo! Something I can help with. We have three different adapters for our on board LPG. But we do have an American MH. There's a bayonet fitting, a dish type and a smaller nozzle thing. We used them all on our recent trip abroad to France, Belgium, Germany and Poland. Mostly I managed by myself, but I did get help at one station. We bought all the adapters on line. Photos to follow unless someone beats me to it!

Last edited:
Reactions: Sue
Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Reactions: Sue

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Wait until you get the van, it should come with a set of adaptors that will allow you to fill in any country, if going to Spain do check you have the new Euro adaptor that may not be supplied.

OP
OP
Sue

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Suffolk. Near Bury st Edmunds
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
Oooo! Something I can help with. We have three different adapters for our on board LPG. But we do have an American MH. There's a bayonet fitting, a dish type and a smaller nozzle thing. We used them all on our recent trip abroad to France, Belgium, Germany and Poland. Mostly I managed by myself, but I did get help at one station. We bought all the adapters on line. Photos to follow unless someone beats me to it!
Brilliant photos would really help.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back