FICC -Umag , Croatia - 2010

Discussion in 'Rally Planning Discussion and Chat' started by billkce, Nov 3, 2009.

1. billkce

billkce Funster

Hi All

I note that there's a FICC mega-meet at Umag in Croatia next June.

Opinions please? Is this sort of meet worth going to or should we stick to small sites and not get involved in a big shin-dig? Or perhaps just drop in for a couple of days??:Confused::Confused::Confused::thanks:

2. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

What is the FICC? sounds like a nice run to croatia for it.

3. billkce

billkce Funster

Federation of Intl Caravan Clubs - international group got connections with C & CC:BigGrin:

4. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

5. chrismacgowan

chrismacgowan Read Only Funster

Ficc 2010

That Croatian coast line is simply beautiful - and years ago was a tourist trap in the old Yugoslavia days so combined with travelling through Northern Italy to get to it - an experience in itself - a visit to Umag seems a good idea. I confess I have yet to attend an FICC meet as it seems always such a marathon so would be more inclined to drop in for a couple of days - but of course watch the costs!!

Hope the full timing goes well - and I have fond memories of Grantham as I lived there as a young man doing my first job with a British Leyland subsidiary!!

Sincerely

Christopher

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  6. moandick

moandick Read Only Funster

Mo and I visited Umag with our caravan on at least 8 occasions during the 5 years (1983-1987) I was stationed in Dusseldorf and stayed there for three or four weeks at a time - fabulous!

Throw your clothes off and worship the sun - superb!

Do not be tempted to go there during the last week in July and the month of August as it became flooded (totally inundated) with the Dutch and Germans.

We made that mistake once and the site went from about 30 caravans on a Friday night to over 2000 by the Sunday night.

7. ocsid

ocsid Read Only Funster

We went to this years FICC in Ipswich; if I recall a 10 day meet, hosted this year by the C&CC. On other occasions its been hosted by the CC when in the UK.

Excellent event if your friendly and like meeting people; a grand rally really and the International flavour is a significant bonus [well to us it is]. They organise trips out [costed extras] from the site and also on site entertainment [ included free] of which this years was very good indeed.

Whilst you can drop-in for a couple of days that would be a wasted opportunity and you will be paying for the whole event whether you stay the course or not.

So really are you or are you not the type to enjoy the company and friendship offered by others, that is the fundamental question to ask yourself.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009