Fiat X250 Starting Gremlin (1 Viewer)

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
I've had a Fiat 3 litre X250 manual engine 2009 since new without the slightest problem, regularly serviced etc. The last few times I've come to start up, on the first turn of the key, it cranks but no pickup. On the second turn, straight to life.
The engine is running perfectly, just driven a very smooth 75 miles at speeds of 60-70mph.

So where do I start looking? EGR valve need a clean? Any guidence much appreciated.

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Glow plugs or glow plug relay?
Is it reluctant from cold or is it also reluctant when hot ?

Possibly air in fuel line, cracked? Can you see bubbles?
Possibly fuel filter needs changing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Detnor
May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Makes no difference engine hot or cold. Second turn starts immediately. The fuel line looks ok, I'll have a look at the fuel filter next. Thanks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
Did you find out what it was?

Mine does the same but only occasionally. I just turn key back to off and then try again and it fires up straight away.

I have learnt if it does not fire on third crank stop and try again. A bit weird.

OP
OP
Detnor
May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
The main dealer wanted a fortune to diagnose. I went to a small commercial vehicle garage, asked them, one of the mechanics came out to listen. He prodded and probed the engine, pulled the earth strap, had a general fiddle and it started. It started first time since then. He assumed something was either loose or touching where it shouldn't. He suggested it wasn't uncommon with time, no charge (I contributed to the tea fund).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back