Fiat tyre pressure warning system (1 Viewer)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
My X290 comes with Fiat's own tyre pressure warning system. The trouble is it is warning me of low pressures on my front tyres even when I set them to the pressure that Continental recommend.

Does anybody know how to re-calibrate the system please on an X290. The handbook is silent on it and the Fiat Pro dealer has not got a clue.

TIA for any answers

fleurette

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I640 SD
Exp
Can't help you I'm afraid, but it just about sums things up that a Fiat professional don't know how it works, sign of our times.

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Can't help you I'm afraid, but it just about sums things up that a Fiat professional don't know how it works, sign of our times.
I can't altogether blame them. I doubt that any works van is ever going to be specced with this addition. I would not have added it myself either but it happened to be on the new van I bought. They have probably therefore never even seen the system before.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Have you considered calling Fiat Camper support Peter?

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
From what I've heard, you might have a bit of an issue with this problem, unfortunately.

Daft as it sounds, I've heard of folk who have tried to explore every avenue via Fiat and drawn a complete blank ie the calibration can't be changed.

I believe the system can be disabled however, and - I know it sounds crazy - but getting an independent system such as Tyrepal is then an option.

I'm not quite 100% certain the above is correct, but pretty much 99% - sorry.

Hope I'm wrong and you can get something sorted.

As a complete aside, we've just this afternoon returned from a week in Italy with a brand new Fiat 500 hire car. It was fitted with a Fiat tyre pressure sensor, and the alarm sounded when we were out and about yesterday. Got all the tyre pressures checked - nothing wrong. Returned the car today, and the rental company agent checking us in said, " Oh yes, it happens all the time - it'll be one of the sensors faulty!"

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
But what about the insurance man ?

They would abide to curly wig decision... if small print didn't get them orf!.. else credibility would be shot... cos.....
:dm:would have a field day :rofl:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
SWMBOs new car has a built in system and there again appears to be no facilty to change the program. Probably doesn't matter as she's not likely to change the tyres (ever probably, she only does 2k a year so she'll be hacking it in before the tyres are even a bit worn)

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
SWMBOs new car has a built in system and there again appears to be no facilty to change the program. Probably doesn't matter as she's not likely to change the tyres (ever probably, she only does 2k a year so she'll be hacking it in before the tyres are even a bit worn)
My new Honda has them but it has a facility to reset it every time you check your tyres.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back