forbern

Free Member
Aug 11, 2011
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
hi Top
Exp
Hi, Can someone help me? We are an elderly couple, retreiving our youth. haha. We take possesion of a motorhome soon. How do you operate the swivel seats? My husband sat on one, and thought they were 'fixed' but from what I have read, they could swivel. Also the seating mounts werent normal like a cars.

Thankyou in anticipation of a reply

Griffs

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
SOUTH WALES
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
seat

Hi.

We have got a fiat based van conversion and there is a bar at the front of the seat that adjusts back and fore there is also a small lever to the side of it that will swivel the seat.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Yes..
Check on the right hand side of the passenger seat and the left side of the drivers.
If they swivel there will be a large handle that you can push backwards to un-lock the seat..
So push it back and twist youself in the seat toward the same side as the handle..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Hi, Can someone help me? We are an elderly couple, retreiving our youth. haha. We take possesion of a motorhome soon. How do you operate the swivel seats? My husband sat on one, and thought they were 'fixed' but from what I have read, they could swivel. Also the seating mounts werent normal like a cars.

Hello again and :welcomefunster::flyingwelcome:

Depending on make/model you may find one, both or neither seat swivels but ask whoever is selling you the m/h to show you & to explain all the other working parts of the van.

Enjoy your travels

Brian

Upvote 0

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Timberland

we owned a Timberland some years ago and found that the owner Kevin was a great chap and very helpful. I suggest you call them and they will be happy to advise:Eeek: enjoy the experience

Upvote 0
OP
OP
F

forbern

Free Member
Aug 11, 2011
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
hi Top
Exp
Hi.

We have got a fiat based van conversion and there is a bar at the front of the seat that adjusts back and fore there is also a small lever to the side of it that will swivel the seat.

Hope this helps.

Thankyou so much, Griff. Very helpfull:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Don Madge

Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long

We have a Timberland and the seat swivel can be awkward at times, you might have to juggle the seat to and fro a bit and turn at the same time.

I would suggest when you pick up the van you get the dealer to demonstrate how the seat swivels and how all the appliances work.

If you have any problems or would like some help/advice we live just across the Humber bridge from North Lincs. You are welcome to pay us a visit if it would help.

Don

Upvote 0
OP
OP
F

forbern

Free Member
Aug 11, 2011
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
hi Top
Exp
We have a Timberland and the seat swivel can be awkward at times, you might have to juggle the seat to and fro a bit and turn at the same time.

I would suggest when you pick up the van you get the dealer to demonstrate how the seat swivels and how all the appliances work.

If you have any problems or would like some help/advice we live just across the Humber bridge from North Lincs. You are welcome to pay us a visit if it would help.

Don

Thankyou, Don. I shall bear that in mind. We are 'newbies' to motorhomes, although in a 'past life' I have been used to caravaning. My late husband did the technical, I did the domestic hahaha.
My husband now hasnt done any of this, so, yes it is going to be learning all the way. We look forward to it. We arent getting it from a dealer, but someone( who converts) is selling it for the present owner who is buying a new one. Its in very good condition, with 12 months MOT, and 12 months warranty. New engine, gearbox, clutch, and wheel bearings all renewed just 4000 miles ago. It only has 51,000 on the clock. so it should be good for many miles.
Regards

Bernice(forbern):thumb::thumb::thumb:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back