Fiat Timberland Swivel seats

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by forbern, Aug 11, 2011.

1. forbern

forbern Read Only Funster

Hi, Can someone help me? We are an elderly couple, retreiving our youth. haha. We take possesion of a motorhome soon. How do you operate the swivel seats? My husband sat on one, and thought they were 'fixed' but from what I have read, they could swivel. Also the seating mounts werent normal like a cars.

Thankyou in anticipation of a reply

2. Griffs

Griffs Funster

seat

Hi.

We have got a fiat based van conversion and there is a bar at the front of the seat that adjusts back and fore there is also a small lever to the side of it that will swivel the seat.

Hope this helps.

3. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

Yes..
    Check on the right hand side of the passenger seat and the left side of the drivers.
    If they swivel there will be a large handle that you can push backwards to un-lock the seat..
    So push it back and twist youself in the seat toward the same side as the handle..

4. icantremember

icantremember Funster

Hello again and :welcomefunster::flyingwelcome:

Depending on make/model you may find one, both or neither seat swivels but ask whoever is selling you the m/h to show you & to explain all the other working parts of the van.

Enjoy your travels

Brian

5. geoff1947

geoff1947 Read Only Funster

Timberland

we owned a Timberland some years ago and found that the owner Kevin was a great chap and very helpful. I suggest you call them and they will be happy to advise:Eeek: enjoy the experience

6. forbern

Thankyou so much, Griff. Very helpfull:thumb:

7. Don Madge

Don Madge Funster

We have a Timberland and the seat swivel can be awkward at times, you might have to juggle the seat to and fro a bit and turn at the same time.

I would suggest when you pick up the van you get the dealer to demonstrate how the seat swivels and how all the appliances work.

If you have any problems or would like some help/advice we live just across the Humber bridge from North Lincs. You are welcome to pay us a visit if it would help.

Don

8. forbern

Thankyou, Don. I shall bear that in mind. We are 'newbies' to motorhomes, although in a 'past life' I have been used to caravaning. My late husband did the technical, I did the domestic hahaha.
    My husband now hasnt done any of this, so, yes it is going to be learning all the way. We look forward to it. We arent getting it from a dealer, but someone( who converts) is selling it for the present owner who is buying a new one. Its in very good condition, with 12 months MOT, and 12 months warranty. New engine, gearbox, clutch, and wheel bearings all renewed just 4000 miles ago. It only has 51,000 on the clock. so it should be good for many miles.
    Regards

Bernice(forbern):thumb::thumb::thumb: