Fiat take note

Discussion in 'Fifth Wheelers' started by majo, May 12, 2012.

1. majo

majo Read Only Funster

My Nissan Navara which is used almost exclusively for towing our 5th wheel had a recall last November re. alloy wheels and possible cracking. All was well, however had a crack been discovered all wheels would have been replaced immediately. As a follow up to this recall Nissan are now starting to replace uneffected wheels from the same batch. Mine is booked in for the end of this month.
    How different from Fiat's treatment when we had a Ducato based Kon-tiki and the built in reverse gear shudder. Fiat's answer..........3 ltr models are not effected.......my a**e
    Any one in the market for an 07 kon-tiki 669 make sure you try backing up a hill before parting with your hard earned cash

2. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

your lucky to have a date for replacement. mine are from the faulty batch and despite inspection(with cracks), the garage cant tell me if or when the new wheels will arrive months on

3. Kasey

Kasey Read Only Funster

That's bad. As Majo says, they should have been replaced immediately if cracks were found.
    I became fed up waiting for ANOTHER letter from Nissan so I rang their customer service line (the number on the original letter). They told me to book in with the local dealer to get them replaced and that they would telephone the local dealer to tell them to expect me and wheels would be on the way to them.

Worth making a phone call (& a bit of a fuss).

4. motor roamin

motor roamin Funster

My Nissan is the older model so no issues........but my pal has just has his changed with no cracks apparent.

The problem appears to be Chinese wheels most alloys made in china appear to be inferior quality.

All the best Rick

5. zaskar

zaskar Funster

Got my recall papers and will sort it when I get back to Cheshire.:thumb:
    Heard a story on the Nav Forum that one garage actually refused to give a guy his car back after they found cracks until they could get replacements! Nice!
    Ps. Mine have been checked (penetrant flaw dye detect) and found to be clear but I still have to have 2010 wheels. Gutted cos I prefer the look of my 2008 wheels.