Fiat Radio useless

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by musson, Aug 20, 2014.

1. musson

musson Funster

Hi has anyone replaced the standard radio with dab radio and the glass mount ariel,if you have is the reception any good.
    Thanks

2. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

the cab radio is actually not too bad with a decent aerial. some converters just cut the wire if it was roof mounted. later x250 models have an amplified aerial in the nearside mirror which is of very little use

• Like Like x 1
  3. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

oh and yes, i have replaced the cab radio with a modern one with bluetooth hands free and digital input. not impressed with in car DAB radios so far

• Like Like x 1
  4. mikekaren2

mikekaren2 Funster

I changed my standard Fiat radio about 6 weeks ago for a pioneer DAB radio.
    This was in my 1999 Hymer B644. I just removed the Fiat/Grundig radio as a straight swap, the ISO connectors were all the same as required for the DAB radio.
    The only problem I had was that the windscreen ariel requires a stick down section at the edge to be earthed on the A pillar. As the rubber surround is quite thick there is no suitable earth area, so I bought some self adheasive copper sheet from Amazon & stuck a small section over the rubber & led it to a section of metal pillar to get a good earth point.
    Reception is great, no drop out when on the move & the sound quality is far better
    Than the standard radio, I thought I would need to change the speakers but found that I am very happy with the DAB sound & tone through the original ones.

Mike

• Like Like x 1