Fiat Peugeot dashboard cupholder

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by bernardfeay, Aug 17, 2012.

1. bernardfeay

bernardfeay Read Only Funster

Has anybody figured out how to make good use out of the cup holder on the dashboard of the Fiat and Peugeot. It is tilted at a daft angle and does its very best to spill unless you leave the top half of your cup empty.

2. Snitrats

Snitrats Funster

Gave up with that one, it's to long a reach for the driver anyway, bought a cup holder from Halfords that clips onto the drivers side air vent:thumb:

3. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Is it actually a cup holder or just a place for keeping bits & pieces in reach of the passenger?

I cringe when I see drivers drinking something, especially from a cup rather than a can; nearly as bad as using a mobile phone whilst driving.

4. keith

keith Funster

Not only Peugeot as all the cabs seem to be the same - usless not deep enough, wrong angle and far too distant to be of any use to the single driver.

Jean uses it as a receptacle for her sweetie rappers. :Rofl1::Rofl1:

5. Heyupluv

Heyupluv Read Only Funster

Surely they would only use the cup holder when they have stopped, say halfway on a journey in a layby to have a sandwich and a drink.. but not stopped for the night :Doh:

6. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

In a MH you can use the hab area of course :BigGrin: Often see van drivers, especially, with mug in hand - but never when I have the opportunity to take a photo/record reg number or company.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Oldlag

Oldlag Funster

It's probably designed for a tiny espresso coffee which seems to be the life blood of most French van drivers but we think it's better suited for keeping small change in for the peage or parking

8. Gromett

Gromett Funster

Holds my blackberry nicely so it doesn't slide off the seat when I am driving.

I don't use it when driving but I do like to hear when it signals an incoming email so i can pull over at the next opportunity..

9. icantremember

icantremember Funster

I don't think it's meant as a cup holder, ours came with a removable, flip-top coin holder ready slotted in from new :Cool:
    .....these are probably available as an accessory from Peugeot/Fiat.

10. Spacerunner

Spacerunner Read Only Funster

Its an ash tray holder. We use it to keep loose change in for tolls and washing machines.

I can always pull over for a drink and don't need to be umbilically connected to a fluid source. :RollEyes:

11. Heyupluv

Heyupluv Read Only Funster

:Wink::Wink:

Now your Talking the white van......always in a bloody hurry..I bet the S**T in a raised carrier bag on there seat and dump while on the move..:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

I recon GJH if you have one of these on your roof and go around in Stealth mode....

[​IMG]

:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

• Like Like x 1
  12. M1ke

M1ke Funster

Unfortunately I use the cup holder on my Peugeot for the rear view camera screen. I'm looking for an after market cup holder to go onto the drivers side:RollEyes:

13. MikeD

MikeD Funster

Euro 5 fiat

My 2012 fiat does not have a cup holder - only a bit for a ash tray. Can't believe it but true. Who ever heard of a white van man without a cup of McD's finest brew in front of him while he tail gates you at 90 mph :Eeek:

• Like Like x 1