FIAT N/S Wheel Bearing Noisy

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by 656, Oct 14, 2008.

1. 656

656 Read Only Funster

Took the 'van' to Thames Fiat monday for a faulty temp gauge - Warranty work and a noisy wheel bearing. Got a call saying the bearing was not covered under warranty and it would cost £230. Called Fiat customer Service, logged a call and just had a return call from them. They will pay for the bearing etc and all I need to pay is £110.92p. Now a happy bunny for once.

2. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

Good result there Dave, were they considerate with your clutch problem??

3. 656

656 Read Only Funster

Hi bri

Yes, they refunded me the cost of the repair and said they would give me 10% off of my next service and MOT. Shame my mate does the serviceing for a fraction ogf what they would charge. However, its the thought that counts.

4. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

seems to be a bit of theme with the 656 and wheel bearing then.

I had mine replaced o/s one as well after only 25k. Didn't think to run it by FIAT though, just went out and brought one and fitted it.

5. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

Yes, they refunded me the cost of the repair and said they would give me 10% off of my next service and MOT

Glad to hear that they did the decent thing :thumb: puts a few bob back in your pocket for the next trip away.:Wink:

Hope that both Ed and yourself are well, we keep a look out :Eek!:for you when passing through your neck of the woods, no sightings as yet though.:BigGrin::BigGrin:

Regards

Brian & Pam

6. 656

656 Read Only Funster

We are off to Peterborough in the van this weekend, so it had to be done. Just had a call to say its ready to be picked up. The temp gauge fault was done FOC under the warranty seing as the fault was a second appearance. Better to pay £100.92 than the original £380 they first quoted for both jobs.

7. dshague

dshague Funster

we had a new thermostat fitted under warantee last month .the old one was bent and to long .fiat engineering .:Doh: