fiat mpg

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by JohnM, Apr 4, 2011.

1. JohnM

JohnM Read Only Funster

i would be interested to here from fiat x250 30ltr owners as to what there mpg figures are.
    JohnM :thumb:

2. mfh27748

mfh27748 Read Only Funster

mpg

we have an Auto-Trail apache (2008) with 3litre engine and auto box,with just over

20000 miles our average mpg is just under 25,we have tried 'Millers' diesel additive

it ran smoother but didnt alter mpg.

3. W18BLA

W18BLA Funster

I have the 2.3 i know it isnt the 3.0ltr but its been remapped and has more power than standard 3ltr and i get 29mpg...

4. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

30 liter engine.....not much !...more like gallons per mile :Laughing:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Heyupluv

Heyupluv Read Only Funster

Hi W18BLA....what was you getting before it was remapped....who remapped it...and if it is not to cheeky what was the cost of the re-map.
    I was getting on my 2.3 Fiat multijet on a McLouis Profile 28 to 32 depending if it was motorway or local use......
    I have just purchased a new Rapido A Class......same weight.....same 2.3 engine......BUT it has only done 414 km at the moment......it is saying on the read out 25.5 to the gall I will know better when I refill as when purchased I filled to the rim and set to zero, but that is not pushing it...so it may even be less with a lead foot.......with it being new and everything being tight and needs to wear in so after about 10,000 to 15,000 miles it may get better it may not......that why I was asking the questions...

Mel:thumb:

6. aba

aba

hi i have the 3ltr with 6 speed manual box on my dethleffs
    granted we are just under 5 ton and have done less than 3000 miles from new
    the average is 21-22mpg i am thinking as it gets more miles on it will do a little more but not expecting to get much above 25 with this size van.

7. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

comfortmatic IH oregon RL 28.5 average over 6000 miles so far, not really run in yet

8. Xabia

Xabia Funster

Hymer A class running at 3.85 tonnes usually get 26.5mpg on trips to /Spain @ 60 mph

9. W18BLA

W18BLA Funster

I was getting 22-23 from day i got her its still only got 2000 miles on clock so will get even better. Cost was £250-275 at a show deal with company called Wow. :thumb:

10. Heyupluv

Heyupluv Read Only Funster

Thank you W18BLA..for the information..that was very kind of you....I will store the info.........if it does not improove after a few miles on the clock.... I will go the way you did :thumb:

Mel

11. roky1983

roky1983 Read Only Funster

i have the 3.0 ltr adria matrix (fiat) auto box with 3500 miles on it and i get 25 ish but plenty of power toooooooo

12. Diabalo

Diabalo Funster

I have a Bessacarr E435 2.2 which going by the on board computer was doing 27 mpg, however on my recent trip to France I decided to check it against tank filled to the brim to get exact amount of gallons used divided into the miles traveled and it came out that the van is actually doing 20 MPG (shock horror) Now i'm wondering if there is something wrong with the engine but it drives ok.

At least it proves one thing that the on board computer is useless for MPG.

13. DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe Funster Life Member

On board computers are always optimistic. However, for brim to brim calculations you need to work it out over a number of fills and average it. I do this with my company cars over their entire lifetime using a spreadsheet and I know an accurate MPG - have proved that putting super fuels in the vehicles doesn't improve MPG but driving more slowly has a significant effect. Last car gave 46.6 and current car gives 47.9 - not bad for a 2.1 litre diesel auto.

I have a 3.0 litre Ducato on a 4 tonne chassis which is currently giving about 25 (only done 1300 miles) with the trip showing 26.8. This is better than my previous van ( a 2.0JTD) which averaged 24.4 over the 6000 miles that we had it. I'm optimistic that the new engine will loosen up and give a bit more, but not much.

14. motorhomer

motorhomer Read Only Funster

I used to have a 3ltr peugeot, a Pilote, which did 26 ish most of the time. Recently swapped for a new rapido, opted this time for the 2.3 engine which on our recent trip to Italy did 27/28.

The 3 ltr is definitely more powerful but the 2.3 is perfectly adequate, and we went over the alps and many other mountains, with no problems. The main reason for choosing the 2.3 was to save the extra 50kg weight (trying to keep to 3500kg) - not to mention saving the extra £2k!

15. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

I think the speedo is usually up to a max of 10% optimistic so it would make sense that it thinks you have travelled 10% more than you actually have? withe the onboard computer

16. beachcaster

beachcaster Read Only Funster

Early days with my 3 litre auto fiat...........autotrail cheyene 690 SE 2009.
    Did about 200 miles last week and the onboard computer said 24.6.average.
    That was with air conditioning on and well loaded. plated at 4000kg.

would do better on motorways I suspect.....but quite pleased.

Can someone tell me if its a "real" auto or a computer aided gear change.......not bothered which just interested.
    It really is superb to drive
    !!!

barry

17. JohnM

JohnM Read Only Funster

Hi,My Fiat is manual.We just completed 1998 miles on hols at home and in France fully loaded with water clothes and 2 electric bikes,fuel average 24.5 mpg shown on comp.Total mileage now 10,000 thats the best overall to date.Do agree very nice to drive and good seating position.All ineed now is to get step working properly.Glad your enjoying your a/trail.:thumb:

18. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

19. Gooney

Gooney Funster

Surely even the brimful to brimful method of calculating fuel economy is also dependant on the accuracy of speedo /odometer, you've got to take your mileage reading from that, I supose you would need to check your odometer/ mileometer against a measured mile and factor any discrepancies there in as well for totally true mpg.

20. DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe Funster Life Member

That's why you should calculate over several fills. The odometer might be slightly optimistic and of course accuracy changes as the tyres wear, but how far do you take these things? And having spent upwards of £40k on a van does it really matter that much? Please don't take the last comment the wrong way, I'm just trying to put it into a little perspective. Rough MPG is good enough for me, but I don't believe the trip computer on any vehicle..........

Relax, enjoy the van and enjoy the wine/beer/company!

• Like Like x 1