FIAT Hill holder assist - worth it (1 Viewer)

appydaze

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 12, 2009
southend on sea essex
Funster No
MH
Merc high top
Exp
20 years
Cant beat an auto box.... No roll back ...only creep forward... (y) us baby boomers, we gotta' get into the 21st. century ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MR. FUSION
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
So, does that mean that I can come to a stop on a hill, put the van into neutral and, in theory, it won't run backwards?
The idea is it gives you two seconds from releasing the brakes to getting the clutch and accelerator synchronised. It does not work unless you are in gear. So I keep the foot brake on till the go, clutch down, into gear foot off brake (HHA comes on) slip out the clutch and put on accelerator.
Sure everybody knows this but never ride or keep your foot on the clutch as it wears the release bearing and to get at that is the same procedure as changing a clutch!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
MR. FUSION
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
Cant beat an auto box.... No roll back ...only creep forward... (y) us baby boomers, we gotta' get into the 21st. century ;)
Now Ford are to offer an auto option on the tranny chassis I am going to seriously consider that on the next van.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Smart cars have had it for while now. I don't understand why anyone wouldn't want it. On most slight slopes I wouldn't normally used the handbrake anyway - just do the swift brake to accelerator move as the clutch is engaged. All the brake delayed release does is allow me to do the same on steeper slopes. The delay on the Smart is under one second and undetectable unless I deliberately test it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Only on very few, most automatics these days are robotised manual boxs no creep

Now Ford are to offer an auto option on the tranny chassis I am going to seriously consider that on the next van.
Not much use don't know of any converter that builds an A Class on a Ford & Fiats are a much nicer drive anyway.:D

OP
OP
MR. FUSION
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
Only on very few, most automatics these days are robotised manual boxs no creep

Not much use don't know of any converter that builds an A Class on a Ford & Fiats are a much nicer drive anyway.:D
But have you driven a new tranny ??

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back