Fiat Gearbox Judder 2.3 multijet 130 (1 Viewer)

sinclair33

Free Member
Nov 19, 2010
Funster No
Hi

Just joined the club this evening and have been reading some of the readers problems.

I have just ordered a Chaussonn Welcome 78 EB with a 2.3 multijet 130. The MH will be build and delevered sometime next year.
I'm a bit concerned about the problems with the reverse gear on this model. The salesmand did not mention the problems to me when I placed the order. I have several friends who have this engine and gearbox and they have never mentioned anything about a gear box shudder.

Has this problem been sorted out?

would be grateful for any information.

Stephen

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
:welcome: to the Fun.

I would imagine existing models since 07? would have had this sorted under warranty if necessary but there'll more knowledgeable funsters on soon to let you know I expect.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi

Just joined the club this evening and have been reading some of the readers problems.

I have just ordered a Chaussonn Welcome 78 EB with a 2.3 multijet 130. The MH will be build and delevered sometime next year.
I'm a bit concerned about the problems with the reverse gear on this model. The salesmand did not mention the problems to me when I placed the order. I have several friends who have this engine and gearbox and they have never mentioned anything about a gear box shudder.

Has this problem been sorted out?

would be grateful for any information.

Stephen

Hi Stephen I have a 2008 130 multijet Mclouis Steel pulling 3.8 tons low profile...I have been well pleased with it, the fiat pulls lovely it is very fast and a returns around 28 to 32 to the gallon and the ride is first class it is like driving a big car.
In fact I have been that pleased I have also ordered another new motorhome a Rapido 9090df with the fiat 2.3 130 multi jet.........mine comes in March/ April...:thumb:

Mel

I was speaking to a couple about two months ago who have had 15 Hymers and love them they had both Fiat and Mercedes....this what they said. it was there opinion the Fiat was like driving a car ....and the Merc was like driving a lorry....personal choice.......

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font VendĂ´me
Exp
Since 2004
We have a 2008 130 multijet. After having the "fix" done by Fiat mine has no judder now. As has been said it is a superb vehicle to drive I would have another Fiat definately. :thumb:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
After all the complaining it's good to see others who have been very pleased with their Fiat and in my case Purgeot. Had the local dealer look at it when these problems were first brought into the open. They altered the software to improve the experience of reversing & have felt since that the vehicle is V G.

Mine is a 3ltr 160 with the 6 speed gear box & I get in excess of 30 mpg. Tows like a dream & off to southern climes soon to see the mob in Zahora. It's done 25000 now so just getting run in & getting better the more I drive it.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi Stephen I have a 2008 130 multijet Mclouis Steel pulling 3.8 tons low profile...I have been well pleased with it, the fiat pulls lovely it is very fast and a returns around 28 to 32 to the gallon and the ride is first class it is like driving a big car.
In fact I have been that pleased I have also ordered another new motorhome a Rapido 9090df with the fiat 2.3 130 multi jet.........mine comes in March/ April...:thumb:

Mel

I was speaking to a couple about two months ago who have had 15 Hymers and love them they had both Fiat and Mercedes....this what they said. it was there opinion the Fiat was like driving a car ....and the Merc was like driving a lorry....personal choice.......

Like Keith mine has done 33000 in two years and it just gets better......:thumb: Have a good holiday Keith

Mel

alcorn54

Free Member
Nov 21, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Like Keith mine has done 33000 in two years and it just gets better......:thumb: Have a good holiday Keith

Mel

I have the same with a low profile Mclouis 673 G 2008 fitted, I collected it from Bournmouth last month first drive was well over 300 miles I was over the moon at how well it goes it just purred along . I to also got around 30mpg on this trip. So comftable to drive apart from the odd rattle coming from the back you would think you were in a high quality car with an arm chair.
Alan

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Welcome to the FIAT love in:Smile:

What a difference a year makes:RollEyes:

Last year all us Merc. drivers were feeling sorry for you all:cry:

Merc like driving a truck? :Eeek: I don't think so.!!!!!

Pete:Cool:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Any problems that there were have been sorted, so no problems. Most of them were caused by too much welly!

Peter

Findlaters

Free Member
Jun 14, 2009
North East Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Into our 4th year
Hi Stephen,
You are in the same situation we were in last year. We read all the bad press after we had put down the deposit on a 2007 Swift 630G with the 2.3 130 engine. It really took the shine of looking forward to picking it up. But after owning it for just over a year and having no problems we bought a new Chausson 76 with the same engine. The only reason for changing was that after using the Swift we found that the layout didn't really work for us. We have now had the Chausson for four months and are very pleased with it. The gearing on the Chausson is slightly lower than the Swift was, in both forward and reverse, so it looks like Fiat have addressed the issues that some owners had with judder. Driving the Chausson with the lower top gear is a lot easier than the Swift, as it pulls the sixth gear much better which makes the cruise control work like a dream.

Hope this helps to alleviate some of your fears and restore the shine in looking forward to picking it up.

Cheers
Les

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back