Fiat Extended Max Care warranty 5 Year (1 Viewer)

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
As the title says Fiat can offer up to 5 year on new vans this does come at extra cost I am not sure of the cost as yet but will certainly be looking in to this to qualify this must be taken within 15 days of first registration.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
We also were not told, although I did know about it in advance. It was a difficult call, and in the end decided not to bother - only time will tell whether it was the right decision, but I recall there seemed to be a lot of exclusion clauses. I believe it is basically an insurance policy, rather than a Fiat factory warranty.

Our van has a Comfortmatic gearbox, and I reckon that could potentially be an expensive fix if something goes wrong. But I believe clutches are excluded as a wear and tear item - and who is to say what the cause of having to replace the clutch might be?? Many of the 'eventualities' I thought about appeared to have some sort of get-out clause.

Just my view... Hope it doesn't prove to be the wrong call. :unsure:

Apr 21, 2008
bedford
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can only be bought from a fiat professional dealer not usually motorhome dealer, I have it but have not read anything about it yet

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
I paid €900 in may 2010
The warranty was from Fiat & covered all what the normal warranty did.
Although I sold it after two years it made it very easy to sell with Fiat warranty.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Steve and Denise

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
I have not got the cost just yet but I spoke to a lady from Fiat in Milan this morning and she in turn has contacted Lowdhams on my behalf.
It is not publicised and I had to contact Fiat direct to find out about it.

chasper

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Ilfracombe, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SLS
Exp
This is it.

Attachments

• IMG_20170518_0002_NEW.pdf
    449.3 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_20170518_0002_NEW.pdf
    449.3 KB · Views: 61

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2009
Ah, it appears there are different schemes for a standard Fiat van and a Fiat Camper. Also, when we purchased, it was a requirement to purchase the extended warranty within 15 days, as per the OPs post. However, according to the Fiat Camper website I believe it states 'within 12 months'.

Here are the exclusions:

The following are not covered by the Maximum Care Camper Warranties:

SERVICING
Routine servicing, changes and replacement of oil, oil filter, air cleaner, fuel filter, passenger compartment filter and climate control system refilling.

WEAR
Parts subject to wear and tear (components requiring regular replacement): tyres, wheel rims/covers, spark plugs/glow plugs, clutch, brake discs/pads, battery, windscreen-rear window-headlight wiper blades, rear brake shoes, brake drums, belts (excluding timing belt), shock absorbers, light bulbs (interior and exterior), fuses, exhaust pipe system (except the emissions control system, catalytic converter and DPF, which are included), lubricants, filters and wheel adjustment.

BODY
Seals, wheels, locks and keys, handles, hinges, light clusters and plastic parts, gaskets, light bulbs, paint, interior trim, windows, glass scraper, door and window weather strips (excluding sunroof), interior upholstery and fabrics: doors, seats, mats, kick plates and engine compartment panel. Collisions, fire and theft damage, scratches, abrasion, chemical damage.

OTHER
Components not originally installed by FCA or damage caused by installing unauthorised accessories.

http://www.mopar.eu/camper/en/mopar-vehicle-protection/conventional-warranties

OP
OP
Steve and Denise

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Ah, it appears there are different schemes for a standard Fiat van and a Fiat Camper. Also, when we purchased, it was a requirement to purchase the extended warranty within 15 days, as per the OPs post. However, according to the Fiat Camper website I believe it states 'within 12 months'.

Here are the exclusions:

The following are not covered by the Maximum Care Camper Warranties:

SERVICING
Routine servicing, changes and replacement of oil, oil filter, air cleaner, fuel filter, passenger compartment filter and climate control system refilling.

WEAR
Parts subject to wear and tear (components requiring regular replacement): tyres, wheel rims/covers, spark plugs/glow plugs, clutch, brake discs/pads, battery, windscreen-rear window-headlight wiper blades, rear brake shoes, brake drums, belts (excluding timing belt), shock absorbers, light bulbs (interior and exterior), fuses, exhaust pipe system (except the emissions control system, catalytic converter and DPF, which are included), lubricants, filters and wheel adjustment.

BODY
Seals, wheels, locks and keys, handles, hinges, light clusters and plastic parts, gaskets, light bulbs, paint, interior trim, windows, glass scraper, door and window weather strips (excluding sunroof), interior upholstery and fabrics: doors, seats, mats, kick plates and engine compartment panel. Collisions, fire and theft damage, scratches, abrasion, chemical damage.

OTHER
Components not originally installed by FCA or damage caused by installing unauthorised accessories.

http://www.mopar.eu/camper/en/mopar-vehicle-protection/conventional-warranties

That looks like one would expect

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2009
I don't think Fiat cover the Comfortmatic Gearbox outside of Year 2 warranty. Says this in my Fiat documents!
Can you give any more details about what the document says on the subject?

Thanks!

Bulleteer

Free Member
Jul 14, 2016
Dromara, Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E442
Exp
Sorry, not been online for a few days. Take a look at the Fiat Professional Motorhome Mechanical Warranty document that came with your vehicle. Second page outlines warranty info. 3rd year warranty excludes Auto Gearbox units by omission!

Attachments

• IMG_1649.JPG
    IMG_1649.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1650.JPG
    IMG_1650.JPG
    162.2 KB · Views: 18

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
Sorry, not been online for a few days. Take a look at the Fiat Professional Motorhome Mechanical Warranty document that came with your vehicle. Second page outlines warranty info. 3rd year warranty excludes Auto Gearbox units by omission!
That's really interesting, I'm currently having extended warranty quandaries and agree with you that the auto box isn't covered. It's not so much specifically excluded but just not included as it's not listed with the "what is covered" bit . Like all insurances, it only covers what is states it covers, and even then subject to a long list of "ah but not if...." clauses.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back