Fiat Exhaust (1 Viewer)

Nov 26, 2007
Exeter
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Since 2006
Can any one tell me where i can get a exhaust for my Fiat ducato 2.8jtd on a Al-ko chassis in Devon,

ian

westy77

Free Member
Feb 17, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Ok no worries. I had bother getting one as I have a rhd van with lhd exhaust.

Crispydoodle

Free Member
Mar 29, 2015
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Foster&Day Mercedes 208D
Exp
Since October 2013
Hi Ian
Have a gander on here, may be of some use Broken Link Removed

rapido convert

Free Member
Feb 26, 2015
knutsford cheshire
Funster No
MH
A class rapido 996m
Exp
since 07
Hi Ian,
Bought mine from here
Broken Link Removed
£57·00 delivered and it was stamped bosal.
Full system from the front pipe i dont now how they did it.
Cheers Andy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Why not just get one made in stainless.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Yup, we got ours from National parts as well ( as Andy )
Good fit, reasonable quality.. Good enough for me !

The Alko chassis bit does not matter Ian.. the exhausts are standard mate (y)

Sep 25, 2012
West Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
13 Years, 20 years with a caravan
I bought mine from buycarspare2 on ebay arrived next day very good.

Phil.

Hobbytwo

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby750
Exp
Since 2008
I could be entirely wrong here, but some confusion seems to arise when referring to RHD or LHD motors. For example my MH is RHD but being German my exhaust tail pipe exits from under the vehicle on the the nearside, and so I suspect that my exhaust would be deemed as a LHD fitment, to comply with the exit point requirement in its country of origin. Sorry if my suggestion might have given you a bit of a headache, but perhaps you can see where I'm coming from on this? (n) !!!!

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I could be entirely wrong here, but some confusion seems to arise when referring to RHD or LHD motors. For example my MH is RHD but being German my exhaust tail pipe exits from under the vehicle on the the nearside, and so I suspect that my exhaust would be deemed as a LHD fitment, to comply with the exit point requirement in its country of origin. Sorry if my suggestion might have given you a bit of a headache, but perhaps you can see where I'm coming from on this? (n) !!!!
Usually exits on opposite side to hab door

OP
OP
Melian
Nov 26, 2007
Exeter
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Since 2006
Thank's for all your help, have had 3 exhaust sent out from auto factors that should have fit, but they did not line up to come out through the chassis where the old one comes out through, ! Unless i'm missing some thing i will go for the stainless steel that i can get made for £350 ( Life time guarantee )

schojac

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
new in 2009
Thank's for all your help, have had 3 exhaust sent out from auto factors that should have fit, but they did not line up to come out through the chassis where the old one comes out through, ! Unless i'm missing some thing i will go for the stainless steel that i can get made for £350 ( Life time guarantee )

Standard exhausts do not always fit Alko chassis as they have to exit through one of the holes in the chassis. You can buy a standard and with the correct equipment cut and shut to fit (as Alko do) or you pay £370 as I did for a bespoke stainless - at least it will outlast the van.

If you have been able to find a standard exhaust to fit then you have been very fortunate.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Standard exhausts do not always fit Alko chassis as they have to exit through one of the holes in the chassis. You can buy a standard and with the correct equipment cut and shut to fit (as Alko do) or you pay £370 as I did for a bespoke stainless - at least it will outlast the van.

If you have been able to find a standard exhaust to fit then you have been very fortunate.

Not on the 2.8jtd they dont ! They are a dead easy fit (y)
Local chap got lumbered fitting mine 18 months ago ( he has a large pit, I do not !! )
Total cost including purchase was £65

Hobbytwo

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby750
Exp
Since 2008
quote denisejoe "If you have a foreign van the exhaust will be as for a left hooker"

Does that then mean that my assumption previously was not so 'far off the wall' as I might have feared?

OP
OP
Melian
Nov 26, 2007
Exeter
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Since 2006
Mine has to come out through one of the holes in the chassis,

So any suggestion's would be appreciated !

Ian

schojac

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
new in 2009
I had mine manufactured by Longlife exhausts. Having looked at their network there are two outlets in the South West: St Austell and Collompton.

I looked at ready made exhausts and they had a different layout to mine (bends in different places etc) and decided not enter into the hassle of buying and possibly having to return. I also spoke to several exhaust suppliers and they too said that many motorhomes with Alko chassis (perhaps not all) have a non standard exhaust.

Hope this helps

Sep 25, 2012
West Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
13 Years, 20 years with a caravan
We have a Luner Roadstar 786 on a fiat ducato 2.8jtd 2006
You have the same van as me and year as I said bought from buycarspare2 fitted it myself without any problem I managed it just putting it up on my levelling ramps.

westy77

Free Member
Feb 17, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp

Our van gave the same situation as yours. 2005 Fiat Ducato RHD chassis with an Adria rear hab area, they seem (or at least did then) put the same rears on all vans if left or right hand drive. So if you put my reg into a parts search it comes up with RHD exhaust, but the last section is changed to LHD so it exits the opposite side to hab door and fridge vents.

The first part mounted to the engine and mid pipe (CAT or none CAT) is the same regardless. It's the last piece that's the issue. LHD rear sections can be bought for about £60-70 from ebay delivered, easy to fit.

There is a guy who sells genuine Fiat parts, but he won't sell his LHD exhaust to anyone with a RHD van because his computer says no. It doesn't matter how many messages or phone calls you have. Even to the point of him saying he understands. He still knows better than you because his computer says your van has a RHD exhaust!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back