Fiat Ducato X250 Windscreen Scuttle Leak to Engine - Problem Resolved (1 Viewer)

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Hello all,

I've just managed to get hold of a windscreen scuttle drain reservoir for my Fiat Ducato X250.
Although this is a Sevel part, Fiat don't seem to stock, have heard of, or sell this part. However, my friendly local Citroen dealer did.
IMG_0445.jpg

Citroen part number 6454.66 - tell them that it's for a Citroen Jumper.
They may ask for your vehicle reg, but I didn't bother and said I wasn't sure, only because I didn't then want him saying yours is a Fiat, you need to order it from Fiat.

It comes as a set, reservoir - which acts as a funnel, drain pipe with attachments and a jubilee clip. Cost - I paid £22 plus vat.

IMG_0446.jpg

The reservoir has two bolts included.
Take out the nut & bolts x2 on the centre catch below the windscreen scuttle (this is where water drips down onto the injector heads as soon as you open the bonnet) (Fiat's recall was to fit a better rubber seal I believe, but mine shows a rust streak from water running down the catch, so much for the rubber seal!)
Then bolt the reservoir into place. (You may need to open up the holes with a drill so that they match up).
With the bolts tightened up, the affix the drain pipe to the funnel drain spout and use the jubilee clip to secure it.
There are two plastic fasteners already attached to the drain pipe which can then be secured to stop the pipe moving/slipping.

IMG_0447.JPG

IMG_0448.JPG

And there you have it.

I shall post a photo of it fitted if this is of interest.

I've also had the engine cover fitted, just to protect the injectors.
I will let you know just how successful the above is on keeping water away from where you don't want it.

OP
OP
GAVLAD
Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
I've bought it
will let you know if it does the trick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Yes but it simply diverts the leak. If the scuttle is sealed correctly it is not needed.
The plastic engine cover is badly designed too as it is not long enough so water runs off the gearbox end of it straight into the injector valley :LOL: They really are proper shite designers.
Good price that! the French article quoted €60 a long time ago

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
How local is your friendly Citroen dealer Gav, do you think you could obtain one for me for our meet next Thursday?

OP
OP
GAVLAD
Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
I'm sure I will be passing them at some stage before then.
Do you want me to order one for you?

OP
OP
GAVLAD
Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Local dealer is out of stock, however they've located one at another dealer and are due to have it sent to them. They're going to ring me when it arrives. (I've ordered it) Hopefully, they'll have it by mid next week so I will bring it with me if its arrived in time.

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
I have been quoted £60 for the scuttle drain, is that correct? As it seems excessive for a bit of plastic a pipe and a couple of clips.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back