Fiat Ducato sliding door fly screen, Horrex (1 Viewer)

Aug 28, 2014
Dorset (expat Oxonian)
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 2011
The lower nylon cord that runs through the fly screen has snapped, does any one know how the system works and how to repair it, please?
Can I just tie the snapped ends together then adjust the tension?
I have it off the vehicle, ( Globe car) but much head scratching has not worked out the rethreading sequence!
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Our cord hasn't snapped but where it is attached at the top it has come loose (not sure if a bracket has broken) so our dealer is going to sort it out for us under warranty - I have had a look to see if I could do it but there was no obvious way without dismantling half of the van to get at the 'gubbings'!

OP
OP
MykCamper 1
Aug 28, 2014
Dorset (expat Oxonian)
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 2011
There is a tension adjuster at the top which is held by a small Allen screw, sounds like yours has become loose, not a quick jobs unless it can be accessed without removal from the Van.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
There is a tension adjuster at the top which is held by a small Allen screw, sounds like yours has become loose, not a quick jobs unless it can be accessed without removal from the Van.
From what I can see it appears to be broken so I'm assuming the dealer can replace it ... fiddly job I should imagine.

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
One of the horizontal cords has broken on my Horrex flyscreen.

The only way I can see to repair it is to remove the whole screen from the van and dissemble it.

I emailed Horrex to ask if they could provide replacement cord but never received a reply. I shall probably replace with fishing line.

OP
OP
MykCamper 1
Aug 28, 2014
Dorset (expat Oxonian)
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 2011
I have considered this , using braided line with a high breaking strain, not cheap though.

MotorhomersRus

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2010
Barnoldswick
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line
Exp
Ours has broke as well !
Just before we came away so was leaving it till we came back.
Would be interesting to know if anyone has ever managed to fix one ?
They seem very expensive to change

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
YES 8 of us managed to fix one at a recent meet ,To protect the innocent ,prefer not to say where lol. Not an easy job.:censored:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
before they break, can you not cut it, attach new cord and pull it through?

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
I fitted new blinds to our van and soon after the nylon line snapped on one of the blinds ,I had to contact the makers to see how the cord was fitted they sent me a crude pencil drawing which a small boy had drawn by the state of it ,I used fishing line and it lasted maybe a month .at that point I took this blind off and ordered a new one from a decent maker believe me it is not an easy task to repair a snapped tension line without a detailed set of instructions and the correct line .

Clayton9

Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
Ponteland Northumberland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
12years
Hi peeps.

I have a fly screen for sale.brand new. Dealer give me it under waranty but I never put it on my van. It was for a Bessacarr

Think they are standard fit.

£60 I will be going to Lincoln show.

Cheers.

OP
OP
MykCamper 1
Aug 28, 2014
Dorset (expat Oxonian)
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 2011
If it is for the right hand sliding door on a Fiat Ducato, I would love to buy it from you, unfortunately I am in France till the end of October, so sadly I will miss the Lincoln show, that I have so much enjoyed in previous years, many thanks anyway.
If you still have it next year, perhaps you could let me know what meets you are going to, or conversely if I am passing near where you live I could look you up, again unfortunately, I winter in Spain and Portugal, ( Snowbirds :) ) so it will be the middle of next year before I'm anywhere near!
Mike

MotorhomersRus

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2010
Barnoldswick
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line
Exp
Hi peeps.

I have a fly screen for sale.brand new. Dealer give me it under waranty but I never put it on my van. It was for a Bessacarr

Think they are standard fit.

£60 I will be going to Lincoln show.

Cheers.

Hi do you still have this ??????

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back