Fiat Ducato / Renault Master2013-Help Please

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by wiljoy, Oct 31, 2014.

1. wiljoy

wiljoy Funster

I am changing my van and the one I am about to purchase has a micky mouse canister instead of a spare wheel. I already have a brand new spare from my Renault Master so I need to know if it will fit a 2013 Fiat Ducato (16").
    My dealer says they are interchangeable but I have had advice from dealers before to my cost. Best to ask on Fun and be sure.
    Many Thanks in anticipation,
    Wilf

2. DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe Funster Life Member

I would not have thought so, but someone will come on here and confirm

3. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

You can try it on the vehicle now or on the motorway your choice
    You may get a reply assuring you it fits and it may well do BUT
    its to late on the road, to find out it fits but wont rotate due to brake caliper changes etc
    you know there is only one way, don't forget to check front and back fitment

• Like Like x 2
  4. jockaneezer

jockaneezer Funster

Master is stablemate with the Vauxhall Vivaro and Nissan Primastar, never heard it tied in with Fiat so would be very dubious.
    On a connected note, I've had the wheels off my Master for servicing at home a couple of times using my own tools, bought a hydraulic bottle jack to replace the van scissor one so was rationalising the tool kit, tried to use the supplied wheel wrench on the van wheel nuts only to find it was 19mm and the van's fitted with 17mm wheel nuts, pleased I never had a puncture in the last 4 years.

• Like Like x 1
  5. wiljoy

wiljoy Funster

I am curious because the Fiat mudflaps fit in the Master wheel arch and mounts perfectly. Also the silver screen from my 2008 Ducato fits my Master like a glove. According to the Renault technical guys 3 years ago it is a Renault but has serious Seven root. I haven't taken delivery of my Fiat based motor yet that's why I cannot try the wheels.

6. jenny and mitch

jenny and mitch Funster

Hi WILJOY I assume ( I shouldn't use that word, it makes an 'ass' out of 'u' and 'me' ) that you are PX- ing your Renault at the a same dealer ?? When the Fiat arrives, get HIM to physicaly swap all the wheels for you !! You will be surprised how compliant dealers are until the deal is closed !! Worth a try.. Mitch.

7. wiljoy

wiljoy Funster

My van is being sold seperate. I am buying without a PX and the dealer is 120 miles away. Thought that I would keep my spare wheel. Thanks.

8. rolandrat

rolandrat Funster

There was a pair of Renault wheels for sale at the Lincoln show and it specifically mentioned Renault fitment only.