westy77

Free Member
Feb 17, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
first question is why do these things rust as soon as they see daylight? Could they not put a paint on that would prevent rust? My 49 year old Dodge Charger has an oil sump that looks still in good condition!

2nd question is has anyone tried using heat paint on one to make it last longer? I have seen some sumps on ebay ranging from £29, £40, £50 to above £100 and £200! Most ads are library pictures so it's hard to gauge quality.

Anyone got experience with these? I'm wanting to do an oil change soon and could do with changing the sump/gasket at the same time. I have some high temp paint as I'm going to do the one on the Dodge soon and thought I could paint the Fiat one. Interestingly Fiat are part of the Chrysler group meaning all Ducatos are Mopars! Which is nice!

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
Get it powder coated, out side only mind

OP
OP
westy77

westy77

Free Member
Feb 17, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Good point, need to locate a decent sump that's not silly money first. There are lots out there it seems, but for one example, both these are on eBay by the same seller, look the same, no noticeable ad differences, yet one is £55, the other £167

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back