Fiat Ducato fuel filter

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by motorhome42, Apr 27, 2016.

1. motorhome42

motorhome42 Funster

A friend of mine has just had his fuel filter replaced after it cracked and was charged a lot of money. His auto trail (2011) is one year older than mine and when I checked my filter housing it is made of aluminium rather than plastic. Does anyone know whether this type is as susceptible to cracking as the earlier models or has the metal housing solved the problem?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

2. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

sounds like he was ripped off, i carry a spare housing and filter assembly and it only cost £75. can be changed at the roadside in 15 minutes with minimal tools

3. Stealaway

Stealaway Funster

My 2012 is aluminium. No problem as yet and does look like a doddle to change. I have a new spare but not inclined to change it any time soon.

4. dave newell lvs

dave newell lvs Trader-Vehicle Services

The later ones have a metal canister filter and no it is not susceptible to cracking or leaking. Beware there are two versions of the metal canister filters and although they look identical they are not interchangeable. The water sensor the screws into the bottom is a different size and length, one is grey and the other is black. I can't remember which one but one is only available from main dealer while the other is available from factors (Mann filters), I did post the details on another thread for information, both are quite expensive items with the main dealer item obviously being the most painful.

D.

5. matamoros

matamoros Funster

Ex Rochdale now Tavira, S. Brittany & Europe
    Exactly where is the fuel filter located?
    I have looked under the bonnet of my recently purchased 62 plate, manufactured 2011, 120 PVC and can see no sign of it!