Free Member
Feb 12, 2010
North Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail
Exp
Since 2009
A friend of mine has just had his fuel filter replaced after it cracked and was charged a lot of money. His auto trail (2011) is one year older than mine and when I checked my filter housing it is made of aluminium rather than plastic. Does anyone know whether this type is as susceptible to cracking as the earlier models or has the metal housing solved the problem?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
sounds like he was ripped off, i carry a spare housing and filter assembly and it only cost £75. can be changed at the roadside in 15 minutes with minimal tools

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
My 2012 is aluminium. No problem as yet and does look like a doddle to change. I have a new spare but not inclined to change it any time soon.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
The later ones have a metal canister filter and no it is not susceptible to cracking or leaking. Beware there are two versions of the metal canister filters and although they look identical they are not interchangeable. The water sensor the screws into the bottom is a different size and length, one is grey and the other is black. I can't remember which one but one is only available from main dealer while the other is available from factors (Mann filters), I did post the details on another thread for information, both are quite expensive items with the main dealer item obviously being the most painful.

D.

Deleted User
Exactly where is the fuel filter located?
I have looked under the bonnet of my recently purchased 62 plate, manufactured 2011, 120 PVC and can see no sign of it!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back