Free Member
Jun 29, 2013
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Ime a Newbie
Well I am reading with despair the various threads around the net on the Fiat Ducato Clutch and Drive juddering problems . Having just purchased a N+B 3 liter 6 gear model Circa 2008 (the virtual top of the tree for concern) and am already replacing the clutch due to a couple of smoking incidents (clutch not ciggie related) And having experienced said judder in reverse and 1st on wet grass slight incline or loose gravel (not an unusual obstacle) I wonder is there anyone out there with similar running gear who is happy with the performance they get from there van. By the way I've only covered 1000 or so miles (on top of 18500 when purchased) But hope to cover many many more with extensive travels So hows it likely too pan out I am not a Motorway kind of person,

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
i have a 2008 3.0l manual too, and as mentioned have replaced a clutch when it catastrophically failed (as the garage said because it shattered). other than minor mechanical issues, I've been very happy with the van. smooth to drive with tonnes of power

don't let the horror stories put you off enjoying your van :thumb:

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
My last van was a 3ltr of roughly that era. When I changed it nothing had failed (at about 25000 miles) but I was no longer confident of the clutch lasting much longer.

The issue was that reverse was very very high, therefore getting onto pitches etc needed a lot of clutch slipping - and a couple of times when traffic forced uphill reverses I finished up with the clutch smelling severely.

Other than that the van was a delight to drive.

When I swapped in 2011 I went for the 2.3 engine. Less powerful, but lighter, powerful enough and £2000 cheaper! Also reverse gear is much lower, and no longer do I have issues reversing onto pitches etc. (May of course be that the latest 3ltrs also have lower reverses, I don't know)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D

dave2222001

Free Member
Jun 29, 2013
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Ime a Newbie
Clutch advice

Thanks there folks Been overdosing on long threads on various notice boards and got a bit depressed yes apart from the clutch judder I guess it is pretty nice to drive, Mind its a big if but hell I will just get on and enjoy it.
Thanks again

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
after reading all the threads about gearboxes underfilled i was thinking i should check mine but cant see where to check from or fill from?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back