Fiat Ducato CD/Radio - how loud is yours? (1 Viewer)

colpot

Free Member
Jan 11, 2009
West Sussex in England
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Nearly a year
To listen to our Radio we to have the volume up at 35! Is this normal? In our Renault Megane we have the volume at 10. I havent got a manual and it appears there is no make/model on the front of the player, but 35 seems excessive, but if anyone can advise I would appreciate it muchly.

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
My brother has just bought himself a Porsche Boxster and was told that it needed a new radio as the amplifier was not working.
We had a play with it and the fader control was set to the rear speakers (which it doesn't have) so we adjusted it to the front speakers and saved him £1000!

Could it be as simple as that?

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
Hi

That dont sound right. We play our's at 18-20 on the volume when we are up to full speed around 60 mph.

steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
CD/Radio

We have a 2005 F/D chassis cab on Bessaccar E760, and like you there is no indication of make/model of the unit.

We do find 24/26 is fine when parked up for lunch etc, and no more than 30 when travelling....to be fare we did have to adjust the balance after taking delivery, the balance was all on the lounge speakers and zilch on the cab speakers, so balance adjustment may help.

Hope this helps.

Nomadic

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
We have ours up at around 35 when moving but 15 when stationary. The switch on volume is set at 15 so when we switch it on when driving it is inaudible. I just put it down to road and vehicle noise.

Rgds
Bill

passionwagon

Free Member
Jun 24, 2008
somewhere in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
lo profile
Exp
We have ours up at around 35 when moving but 15 when stationary. The switch on volume is set at 15 so when we switch it on when driving it is inaudible. I just put it down to road and vehicle noise.

Rgds
Bill

:winky:Have you tried setting the speed volume control which will automatically up/down volume.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
colpot

colpot

Free Member
Jan 11, 2009
West Sussex in England
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Nearly a year
Guys, thanks for the advice, I had already checked fade/balance and set appropriately. I will try to find a manual for it, otherwise I will just put up with the high numbers and Mrs Colpot worrying that we are going deaf(er):Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back