Fiat Ducato Battery Thread No1428 (1 Viewer)

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
Bit the bullit the other day and bought a new Vata Siver 100ah battery. I've known for a few months that the old one was a bit doddgy so after it let me down once on my recent trip to Spain and MOT due thought I had better change it.:whistle:
When removing the old battery I noticed that the negative is not a very good fit at all, in fact it doesn't tighten (still slightly loose) even when the clamp is completely closed.:rolleyes: Anyone else found this?
Any way in my heavy handed syle I managed to damage both the Red and Grey securing strips :mad:(anyone who has changed a battery on the x250 will know the two I'm reffering to.
Knowing that the battery clamps arn't the best fit I now see the need for the securing strips, never mind thought I, i'll just get new ones.(y) Ohh no, not that simple...is it.
Seven hrs later after searching the tinternet and ringing local, so called Fiat Professionals it turns out you can only buy the securing strips with the complete unit.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

That'll be ÂŁ90 plus vat please sir:restmycase:

So unless anyone knows different looks like I'll be making my own.:beerchug:

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Are you sure the clamp was pushed down enough, the posts are normally tapered slightly?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back