Fiat Ducato based motorhomes front exhaust cat/none cat?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by westy77, Jan 27, 2015.

1. westy77

westy77 Funster

After looking for a front pipe for my van (none cat), my internet searching seemed to throw up that all or most Ducato based motorhomes have a none cat exhaust. But if you put your reg into GSF etc it comes up with a cat pipe. I got one already so not asking what I need, but I'm curious why they are changed to none cat? Is it all motorhomes? Does this have any any effect in any way such as emission zones in that there London? I realise this is a bit of a tech question and a bit chatty, so I plumped for here.

2. Tootles

Tootles Funster

Try this. Type Fiat EPER into your search engine. You will get a commercial (Ducato) option, go into that. Open the boxes as you come to them, it may ask for your VIN number for identification. That will lead you on to every part for your Ducato engine. That way, you will be able to see what is meant for what.
    This is the way into the main Fiat parts database, as used by the main agents.(y)

• Like Like x 3
  3. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

We had to have our front pipe replaced a couple of weeks ago. There are 2 (possibly 3) different types so the garage asked us to take the van in so they could check (they couldn't be certain from the parts catalogue using the registration). Happily ours was the one without the cat as the one with the cat is over £1000 :)

4. jezport

jezport Funster

Unipart do a mild steel downpipe for a bit over £30. The CAT version was for later models, however I think the vehicle needs a DPF system also to move from Euro 3 to 4

5. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

I believe DPF is euro 5 Jez

6. jezport

jezport Funster

You may be right I wasn't sure and am still not 100% sure

7. westy77

westy77 Funster

Thanks for the replies guys. I don't need an exhaust for mine as I'm sorted. Hopefully fitting it on Saturday. I'm just intrigued why they must (I'm guessing) have fitted cats at Fiat and they are changed to none cat? Is it that vans/commercials have cats and motorhomes don't have to?

8. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

They were probably fitting cats before it became a legal requirement. Therefore anyone with a van built before legislation would have the option to decat

9. westy77

westy77 Funster

That would make sense. Not sure when it became a requirement. Think for cars it was 1992 J reg?