webmonkeyuk

Free Member
Feb 10, 2011
stockton on tees
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Was just wondering what grade should be used in the 2.5tdi engine? i had seen that 15w/40 should be used but after reading around some people say 10w/40. i had changed the oil just before winter set in when i wrapped the van up for winter months and as id only bought the van in october i dont know what the previous owner used as the service book doesnt say. anyway i put some mobil 15/40 in and when ive been back over the weeks to run the van and charge the battery ive noticed there seems to be a bit of smoke coming out, it looks mainly black but if you put your foot down hard there seams to be alittle blue in it too.

now i drove the van some 250 miles back home when i picked it up and i never noticed any smoke at all, would adding a wrong grade make it smoke? the only other thing i can think is i have put some really strong injector cleaner in a few weeks ago and the guy in the shop said it will throw alot of muck out so you need to take it for a long drive to clear it through but the van is SORN so i cant move it yet, ive been adding more diesel to try and flush it through. Motorhome is a p reg with 36,500 miles on it

any ideas?

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
15/40 Semi is the correct grade for your engine
Diesels will smoke on startup when left standing especialy as your starting engine at intervals and not running it properly I would imagine things will improve when you start to use the van
Geo

BriantheSnail

Free Member
Sep 21, 2010
Saddleworth
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 20 September 10!
Needs a good steady run. Let it get hot before thrashing it!!!. Check or better still change the air filter.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back