Fiat Ducato 2.3cc 130bhp Euro 4 Multijet Engine

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Madmaggott, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Madmaggott

Madmaggott Read Only Funster

My OH is totally thrilled because he (yesterday) placed a deposit on an Autotrail 696G with the above engine. He doesn't read forums, I do.
    I have told him that this is prone to gearbox problems specifically 'judder' in reverse; he says 'oh that's all fixed now'.:Rofl1:
    Can someone tell me, this is a 2008 spec vehicle on a '09' plate, is it likely to be affected with this problem and if so, will it have been fixed? :help:

2. C.L.S

C.L.S Trader - Service & Repairs

I had the same engine on a Kontiki , what a gutless thirsty thing it was , I would be more worried about fuel economy and performance

Mark

3. Rayb182

Rayb182 Funster Life Member

I've got an 07 Kontiki 645:thumb: with a 2.8 160 multi-jet, engine and have nothing but praise for the engine and gearbox and have done over 46000 miles since new:Smile::Smile:

4. Munchie

Munchie Funster Life Member

We have this engine x250? All I can say it is superb!! Goes like the proverbial off a stick and the torque is phenominal. If yours has not been done you need to contact Fiat UK to arrange the reverse gear fix. We had ours done and now it is 100%. We run very close to the 3.5 tonne and it returns approx 28 to the gallon. :BigGrin::thumb:

5. TonyIsh UK

TonyIsh UK Read Only Funster

Ditto,

ours is 2008/9 registered 2010, Not done many miles but seem to be doing 25 mpg ish. Reverse gear is high even on tickover,(scary but controlable) no judder, I have contacted Fiat to discuss the matter and awaiting a call back/ (Have a incident reference).

Rgds

6. Macytia

Macytia Read Only Funster

I have the x250, 57plate, bags of torque, 35mpg, drives like a car, storage pockets galore. Regrding the reverse issue, all thats required are more revs on steep inclines. Go for it:BigGrin:

7. warwick

warwick Read Only Funster

We have an Autosleeper Warwick on a 2.2 Peugeot Base (same same Fiat) just completed 2400mls around Europe averaged 36MPG at around 60MPH. No problem whatsoever with reverse although agree its on the high side. Very rarely need to change down from 6th on any Motorway, roared up some pretty steep alpine inclines. Compared to the older 2.8JTD and especially the 2.8TD so much quieter can hold a normal conversation at any speed.
    Its not perfect - its a van, but would buy another.

8. Lincolnshire Rover

Lincolnshire Rover Read Only Funster

We had a 2008 / 08 2.3 130 Fiat the " Judder Fix " was done 16/17 May 2010 and after only 700 miles we broke down in Brittany lass than 2 weeks later with the oil leaking from the gearbox due to bad workmanship to the gearbox thankfully we have rid of it now !! see photo's the Fiat Dealership that did a temporary fix that should have only taken at most 2 hours is where we spent 3 days of misery

Attached Files: