Fiat Ducato 2.2 Multijet Engines (1 Viewer)

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never leave a campsite with your clothes line tied to a lamp post.
This popular engine must be pretty reliable given the number of manufacturers that use it. It seems to be available in 100, 120 or 130BHP versions. Is this the same as some car engines where the engine itself is identical but the different variations have the ECU chipped differently. Do people with the 100BHP version find it is up to the job and has anybody tried chipping a 100BHP up to a 130BHP?

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
the engine is used by Fiat , Peugeot, Citroen in various guises, the Fiat tends to be 2.3lt 110 or 130 whereas the others tend to be 2.2lt 100 & 120's the current Fiat 2.3 can also be a 150.
so it looks as if chipping / reprogramming would be available.

Geoffers

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Groby Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We have the 2.2 100 BHP in our Escape. I think I am correct in saying it's a Ford engine with a timing chain & not a belt (yippee)
I have found the power with the 5 speed box quite adequate
We do tow a Fiat Panda, which brings our GVW up to about 4.3 tonnes Loaded' for this I have got a tuning device fitted , so I can turn the wick up! when required. This allegedly knocks it up to about 125 BHP , But I only use this when required, as I said the 100 BHP is perfectly adequate for normal driving.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
there are reasons why the engine in a motorhome are detuned at the factory to limit torque. these range from strain on the engine and gearbox through to emissions control to reach eu standards

be aware that several people have reported repeated clutch failure after a remapped ecu and the tuning firms know this but dont mention it. as for emissions when your van goes for mot it will soon be a fail if the ecu is tampered with and your emissions not within the correct range

the 2.2l and 2.3l engines are very capable for their size and are as powerful as the older generation 2.5l versions were. remember these are 3.5tonne motorhomes designed for a slow and steady relaxing journey and not a sports car built for speed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back