Fiat Ducato 2.0Jtd

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by tom1, Dec 21, 2010.

1. tom1

tom1 Read Only Funster

Hi,

My wife and I are looking for our first motorhome. We are planning many weekend UK trips and an occasional trip through France. We have seen several vehicles that look like a good price, but built on a Ducato 2.0 Jtd.

I have been told that this may be a little underpowered for a 3.5t motorhome with a Luton bed such as a CI 656.

Has anyone any experience of such a vehicle? Would anyone recommend getting the engine remapped?

Thanks in advance

Tom

:helpsos:

2. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Bit of gear changing on motorway inclines as standard, only 80HP, but chip it and wheelspin is the problem.

Grip is ALWAYS the problem, wet roundabouts and wet grass are a nightmare. But that is common to all the FWD MHs.

3. MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn Read Only Funster

We've remapped ours and had none of the above probs in 7,000 miles this yr. Praps losing weight from the right foot might help :Rofl1::Rofl1:

Mike

ps-average fuel consumption is 32 mpg.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2010
  4. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Read Only Funster

It really depends how you drive. It seems a steady driver in a low profile will be fine in a smaller engined vehicle. You have to be willing to just potter along as it will be working harder, but driven sensibly (around 50mph tops) will give better consumption figures than its' bigger brothers.

If you plan to use a trailer, or tow a vehicle/carry plenty of equipment, then you may need to reconsider a more suitable engine size.