Fiat camperassist, has anyone used it please? (1 Viewer)

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
We have it on our new van and it sounds very comprehensive but I just wonder if it actually works. In theUK we are covered by our Lloyds bank account AA but we are off to Spain for 5 weeks and I am just wondering if it actually does work. If someone has experience of it I would be really grateful to hear. Thanks.

OP
OP
C
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Thank you very much, at least we know it works! We were considering stand alone insurance but that seemes a bit of a waste. Will make sure we have Nicks phone on 3 organized with the add on before we go. Not going until November but I like to start worrying well in advance!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

easygirl

Free Member
Nov 7, 2010
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Kontiki
Exp
3 years
I've used them once in the u.k
They were quick and the a turned up in 30 mins

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
We've not had to use them actually - BUT we have used the book with all the local Fiat MoHo repairers in it, to access somewhere local when we accidentally wrecked the rim of a road wheel in deepest France.

Trotted off there, they found the chap in the office who spoke English - and away we went. Not actually covered by the breakdown cover itself - but that wasn't the point - the point was to find a garage that was equipped to help us asap - and they did! Chap was very concerned that we didn't realise it wasn't covered when we did - and was at pains to explain that they might find the tyre was damaged, when they removed it from the rim. But when we said - Well in that case - we'd have to have a new tyre too, it's not a problem and we know we'd have to pay for it ourselves, the same as we will the wheel. So he was happy, got it for the next day - and they sorted it absolutely NP whatsoever. There were about half a dozen other MoHos either in the workshop or outside waiting to go in, of all sorts of different marques and designs. It was very reassuring to realise as soon as we pulled onto the forecourt that they were properly equipped and it was obviously the right place!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
My mate used them in Belgium mo pronlems.
Fiat cover does not cover putting you up in a hotel in the UK OK in other countries.
Word of warning about AA cover, limits on width length & weight, the width at 2.3m (I think) rules out most modern vans.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I have an email from headoffice at AA confirming that our PVC is covered as part of our bank account as they mentioned vans and minibuses as being covered as of this year but no mention of motorhomes, so I keep a copy in the van. Ours is 2.2 fortunately, mind you it looks like if I use the Camperassist the AA will come anyway.
Thanks everyone, I will save my money, I was worried that although it sounded good that in practice it was useless. We had to find a Fiat Professional dealer for the Aircon(never connected by Fiat) and there was a lot of confusion about the warranty with the first 2 I tried although Adam Morey in Southampton were great.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back