Fiat camper assist?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Welsh girl, May 28, 2010.

1. Welsh girl

Welsh girl Funster Life Member

I was under cover with caravan guard and had their free breakdown cover but had a telephone call and was told they couldnt cover me anymore with their insurance and their breakdown as they couldnt cover that value vehicle being "on the road" instead of "in a drive" I was most annoyed as I had told them of our pending van change 2 months previous so had to find cover quick so went to comfort but no breakdown only the fiat camper assist so just have that now, anyone heard of problems with camper assist.?

2. SteveandSue

SteveandSue Funster

Fiat Camper Assist

We used Camper Assist about 6 weeks ago and I can only sing their praises.
    We had changed back to our summer tyres and after bringing the van back from storage we were packing up to go to peterborough show when our back tyre popped from its rims and deflated-luckily still on our drive.
    They sent out a RAC truck to change the wheel and they gave us a courtesy call the following week to check we had been happy with the service we received

3. wanttobeaway

wanttobeaway Read Only Funster

Never had any trouble with them but when we used them in Spain it was the same people that caravan guard use as they asked for the insurance first but I told them I was just going through assist so no problem at all

4. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

My mate used them in Belgium last year no problems at all, it's run by the RAC you can see the full policy on the Fiat Camping Car site.