Fiat broken down after 200 miles (brand new)- ? coolant issue, any experience (1 Viewer)

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
It happens on here a lot, we get a good thread going , lots of advice and speculation , really interesting then it all just goes dead, hope that isn't the case here.:thumb:
If that happens, we can make up the ending ourselves :Smile:

OP
OP
Soozywoozy

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Oxfordshire - edge of the cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
Its still in the garage being investigated. Airlock in system initially, ? cause, which they cleared, but then this didnt resolve issue. Now being stripped down to investigate various components. Not likely to get back this week. Promise to keep posted. Trying to deal calmly with situation.

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Its still in the garage being investigated. Airlock in system initially, ? cause, which they cleared, but then this didnt resolve issue. Now being stripped down to investigate various components. Not likely to get back this week. Promise to keep posted. Trying to deal calmly with situation.

Must be driving you nuts - know it would me! Good luck with getting it all sorted asap. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years

Ok , cheers, but keep your eye on it , don't let them fob you off, by what you have told us, something is very wrong with that engine.

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
[[HI]QUOTE=maz;975775]Must be driving you nuts - know it would me! Good luck with getting it all sorted asap.[/HI]

:Smile:[/QUOTE]Hi there.....
Any further news from the dealership ???

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Really hope you get this sorted , it must be driving you mad buying a brand new motor at not little expense then have them pulling it to pieces , I'm afraid if it wAs me I would want a new engine at least, it's not a new van if it's been messed about with, and you don't know what it's done at it that could cause no end of problems in future.:Sad:

OP
OP
Soozywoozy

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
Still there, still investigating!
Now been in garage longer than we have had in our own possession, must be a record.
Garage being really good but have to contact fiat every step of the way. Fiat assist being great also, but fiat HQ slow slow slow

Fiat say try A .
Garage investigates A.
A Doesn't work,
Garage re contacts fiat.
Wait for reply
Fiat says B
Garage investigates B
B doesn't work
Garage re contacts fiat
Wait for reply.......?YOU GET THE PICTURE

the garage can't take a nut or bolt off without permission as it is all warranty

New investigations on Monday with parts arriving .....
You couldn't make it up.

When all concluded I will be able to give more details but there are some legal issues afoot which can't be discussed as you can imagine.
Thank you for your support and interest
Just opened the Friday g & t!::bigsmile:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Why are nearly all mhs based on fiat, if I hadn't had little choice , i do in fact have a peugot but same difference, it would have been the last choice for me, can't understand why they aren't on mercs or trannys or even the Renault variants

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
get fords and mercs to bring down prices.and then you might get a choice.::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Soozywoozy

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
UPDATE

After 10 days of process, stripping down and building back up, IT'S BACK!

"WATER PUMP"

full marks to HTC Oxford for their professionalism and customer service

Just in the nick of time, as off on the big tour tomorrow night!
:Smile::Smile::Smile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile::wooo:

Trikimiki

Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Oil remember you??

Think if you read through the posts, oil was never checked, except by AA expert, who put it on back of truck.

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
W[HI]hy are nearly all mhs based on fiat, if[/HI] I hadn't had little choice , i do in fact have a peugot but same difference, it would have been the last choice for me, can't understand why they aren't on mercs or trannys or even the Renault variants

price or price on numbers required:thumb:

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Last edited:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Because Fiat make quality vans and cars... I've owned Fiat after fiat after Fiat and never had a problem....

Any think with wheels or balls as the girls at work would say can give you trouble... and btw the new fiat you are driving contains a euro engine... research it and see how many vans or vechiles is used in that are different makes. . Some of you older folk hold on to a bygon era and I'm sure would still not own a skoda.

The world is a different place of multi manufacturer parts and bolts these days. The craftsmanship of building anything is well gone.

What's more important these days is that we get good service when there's a problem something missing from most these days.

Glad you got van sorted..

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Because Fiat make quality vans and cars... I've owned Fiat after fiat after Fiat and never had a problem....

Any think with wheels or balls as the girls at work would say can give you trouble... and btw the new fiat you are driving contains a euro engine... research it and see how many vans or vechiles is used in that are different makes. . Some of you older folk hold on to a bygon era and I'm sure would still not own a skoda.

[HI]The world is a different place of multi manufacturer parts and bolts these days. The craftsmanship of building anything is well gone. [/HI]

What's more important these days is that we get good service when there's a problem something missing from most these days.

Glad you got van sorted..

they dont make em cars like what they used too! ... thank goodness!:thumb:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Don't know if I missed something here, but how does a faulty water pump result in a lack of oil? :Doh: Coolant , yes. Oil.........

I thought this as well, but thought I'd leave it as she has had enough hassle with this motor, but it wouldn't have done for me I'm afraid, what about the overheating and seizing, that's not been put right with a water pump, but if she's happy so be it, but for close on 70 grand I would want something different:Eeek:
Sorry Suzy but something doesn't ring true on this.:Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back