Fiat autotrail ignition key code promblem! (1 Viewer)

A

Autotrail700

Deleted User
Hi all, new to this forum but hardly new to MH after 28 years with them! I was recommended to the forum after meeting member 656 in Calais last week. He recommended you knowledgeable fellows for some trouble I am having with my fiat ignition. It appears to be an increasing intermittent fault, sometime upon trying to start the MH the key code recognition light remains on and locks the diesel pump not allowing the MH to start (It will still turn over). Repeated attempts with the other keys swapping between the sets and keep trying usually gets it started but as describe the problem is now becoming very frequent. Has anyone else had this issue and know of a possible fault or even rectification? I have heard with many computer faults you can often reset a certain part of it yourself often solving the issue?

Any input would be gratefully received.

Kind regards,

Andrew

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
first check it is not a key problem [ cheapest first !]
my local branch of timpsons has a key reader ...didn't charge me to check
if the keys are all ok it is most likely to be the sensor on the steering column

hook

Free Member
Jul 25, 2009
Funster No
Check all earths first in kick panels , top of gearbox,engine bay also check wiring near reader coil and check all fuses ok before going any deeper.
Have you had any mechanical work done before this problem i.e clutch, engine.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Autotrail700

Deleted User
Thanks everyone, I will check the earths first as i know earth faults can cause some odd problems. If i get any luck i shall inform you. If anyone has any more ideas of the cause of this fault please feel free to chuck your suggestions into the hat!

Andrew

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back