Fiat 2011 x250 fuel filter replacement (1 Viewer)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
After having my vehicle serviced all was ok in till we crossed to France and a leak developed from my fuel filter. Fortunitly for me a nearby friend found me a fiat garbage and a mechanic sorted it out in 2 minutes by tightening the top seal further. I consider myself fortunate to have my friend get me sorted and now want to avoid this possibility of happening again in the future and understand there is a more recent unit that can be swooped over. Can anyone point me in the right direction
Thanks in advance.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
You can buy a replacement filter housing that contains the filter off e bay for around ÂŁ80 and carry it as a spare. They do leak occasionally especially if they have had the internal filter replaced , at a service for example, and not tightened up with the correct tool . Techo put up a good post re this topic. There are no different filters to replace the x250 type-it just replaces with the same unit but factory assembled as it were.
I had one start to leak on mine and just bought a replacement and kept the old one as a spare with a new filter /seal fitted

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
The later x250 were changed back to metal canister type filters and housing. Sorry I don't know if the pipework etc are interchangeable

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back