Fiat 130 2013 'Injection system warning light' ...... no throttle response! (1 Viewer)

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Hi everyone. I drove the van this morning about 10 miles then stopped on top of a very windy hill in South Wales. About an hour later started the engine and the 'injection system failure' warning light came on. The throttle did not respond (press... no revs!). I switched off, restart then after a while it worked. However the light stays on and power feels 'reduced'......

We did have this a year ago, called Fiat Assist and they sent out the AA/RAC (can't remember which). The man said that this can happen in really windy weather! (hence reference above) and he said it was the Exhaust Gas Sensor was faulty........... anyway he 'reset' it with his box of tricks and it has been fine ever since (that was at 6000 miles... now at 26000 miles).

The van had a full service at Fiat a week ago. It has been running like a dream. Another possibly spurious thing..... my son and I took the radio out to look at the back....... wondered it this may have caused an earthing issue?

Anyway, we drove back to Cardiff (40 miles) but the light is still on. Before I either:

A/ call the AA
B/ take it to Fiat in Risca

Does anyone have any thoughts or advice please?

We are off to Italy on Tuesday and this is bad timing :mad::eek::eek:

Sep 11, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Sounds like throttle body unit ,some times they get rain water in them when left standing for a while,get in through the front scuttle and runs down. I had the same problem just cleaned it up a sprayed it with wd 40 it's been fine since .as for the lights they can be cancelled by turning the ignition on and off 5/6times saves paying a garage to turn it off.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Thank you. As it happens I called the AA..... they found a fault code in the exhaust gas sensor........ reset it and away we went!

I also took van to Fiat Pro in Bristol and they ran full diagnostic check........ hopefully all ok now!

Cheers..... off to Italy now (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back