Fiamma Zip Safari Room Issues (1 Viewer)

Wollow007

Free Member
Dec 17, 2011
Reading
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630g
Exp
Im a newbie
Hi guy's,

Has anyone ever had the issue with the door clashing with the Zip awning rafter when installing a Safari room, whatever I seem to do it still clashes. The Motorhome is a a 2003 Swit Sundance 630G.

It appears that it is a known issue, and to be honest I have looked into all the solutions and none seem to work, I can't move the awning up, rafters are fixed and can only move a couple of inches, I have adjusted the dampers etc but still need to find around 6 inches to move the rafter away from the door enough. I can install the safari room but need to have the leg on the awning nearest the door extended spot far and the safari room skirt pulls away from the Motorhome side near the door, is pants.

So my options, sell the Fiamma Safari room, which is nice quality but only really gives you a single room or buy one of these bad boys

http://www.khyam.co.uk/detail.asp?p=759&product=Motordome%20Sleeper%20Plus

What do you guy's think, bit miffed about needing to spend more dosh on an awning, but really use the extra space, do a lot of mountain biking in a crowd so extra sleep space will be used. :Eeek:

Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
Had the exact same issue recently when I set up for the first time.

I had to slide the support bar above the door along about 5-6 inches as well as the other end of the beam the same amount. Be careful though, if you move it too far you will not be able to close the awning.

You only need to slide it far enough that the door just passes underneath the beam. It may take a few times to get it right but it will be worth it in the end :thumb:

OP
OP
W

Wollow007

Free Member
Dec 17, 2011
Reading
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630g
Exp
Im a newbie
Will give it a go, had a look but thought i would need to move the rails to far, worth a go though :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Philb

Free Member
Aug 3, 2011
Carmarthen Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I have the same issue with the awning. I too bought a khymer and it assembles very easily. The only drawback is the tunnel to the motorhome sags a little and care is needed when opening the hab door.

It would be a better design if all the sides of the tent opened as well.

One side door and window,

Main side away from m/h the whole side opens up

One side window only..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back