Jan 16, 2016
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Auto trail Chieftain
Exp
image.jpeg
Hi all,

We have recently purchased a lovely 1999 Autotrail Chieftain. The one challenge I've found so far with it, is that a previous owner has fitted a lovely new Fiamma zip awning, however the recess for the winder is on the left end and the model they've fitted has the winder on the right end, which then rubs on the recess when you use it. So, I need to change the end somehow. See pic's for details!
On initial searching, there is no information on how to do this and it seems that this model was only available in right hand wind, unlike some other models which have the option.
Any bright ideas please? Thank you all!
image.jpeg

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
The autotrails are originally fitted with Omnistor awnings not Fiamma which is why there is a difference.

if you look on the Agent Fiamma web site there is a spares section with exploded drawings so you may be able to ID the parts (if they are available ) from there.
good luck.

oH and welcome(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
agree with above if you are after a solution it looks like the remote option is the only one .

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I don't think a 12volt motor kit would help as that fits on the winder end and there isn't the room from looking at the photo.
What about spacing the awning out a bit to give better clearance for the handle.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back