washedup

Free Member
Jul 9, 2015
Fleet Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Just bought a new Fiamma Ultra Box 360 (those big carrier boxes that fit on the back, usually on the bike carrier) from 'fiammastore' a couple of weeks ago. Their website says 'The Fiamma Ultra Box back box can be installed on the Carry Bike thanks to the installation kit provided'. But the box will not fit on my Fiamma Carry Bike Pro C, and eventually Howard at fiammastore, agreed there appeared to be a misfit, but said 'never heard of this problem before'. No solution offered so far. Has anyone any ideas on this problem ?

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Photo
upload_2015-7-28_17-17-17.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Just bought a new Fiamma Ultra Box 360 (those big carrier boxes that fit on the back, usually on the bike carrier) from 'fiammastore' a couple of weeks ago. Their website says 'The Fiamma Ultra Box back box can be installed on the Carry Bike thanks to the installation kit provided'. But the box will not fit on my Fiamma Carry Bike Pro C, and eventually Howard at fiammastore, agreed there appeared to be a misfit, but said 'never heard of this problem before'. No solution offered so far. Has anyone any ideas on this problem ?

What is stopping it fitting? I have one fitted to the Fiamma bike rack on mine but I had to drill new holes in the back of it so it sat in the right place as otherwise it tended to mask the offside rear lights. It still does to some extent but is just about OK.

P6170352.jpg

kalamitty

Free Member
Nov 16, 2012
cheshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 89
washedup have you removed the cycle straps out of the channels these slide along take off the end piece's. i used to fit my box on for holidays and carrying cd's when a dj, then remove it for fitting the bikes. had 4 u-bolts for the back and 2 u-bolts for the bottom. remember watch how much weight you store in there.

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
Contents of my box:- 1 x Dahon folding bike (keeps it clean), 2 x pair of wellies (pessimists) and 2 x sets of waterproof jackets and trousers(you never know !), watering can for various water jobs, 2 x containers of toilet stuff, Tube for baguettes, croissants and fishing rod, fishing catchnet (optimist !), wheel blocks should I need to hoick her up to change wheel (pessimist), old curtain to lay on should I need to look up her skirt (pervert), bag of rags to clean up with.
If I didn't want easy access to get bike out easy I could get more in.
PS I lined the back and the bottom with plywood to reinforce the box as the plastic is fairly thin !! I fitted Ally brackets with holes in them to attach bungee straps to clamp the bike in place with (y)

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

washedup

Free Member
Jul 9, 2015
Fleet Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Thanks guys, nice clear pics. I should have been more specific about my issue. No problems with width or lights. It's just that the Fiamma Carry Bike Pro C has short vertical bars: they are a maximum of 50 cms from the top to the bike platform (mine are actually at 48 cms height). The 360 Box has four positions for clamps on the back of the box, and the upper pair, (which the instructions show must always be used) are approximately 58 cms from the bottom of the box, so the clamp positions are higher than the top of the bike carrier vertical bars, and the clamp cannot therefore be fitted. The two lower clamps, and the ones on the bottom of the Box can be fitted, but this is not adequate security. If you wish I will try to post a picture tomorrow (never done it before, but should be OK I think).

nomad

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Mirfield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1982
Hi, I fitted my one directly to the Pro-C fframe without fitting the cycle rails. I had no problems with this but I never loaded anything except 2 Lafuma chairs and my empty water carriers and hose reels etc
Colin
PS changed the van so its now for sale along with the Pro-c

OP
OP
W

washedup

Free Member
Jul 9, 2015
Fleet Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Thanks Nomad, but I want to carry my Fiamma 'privacy room' in the Box, and that weighs too much to carry without the bike rail supports. I have now emailed the technical query option at fiamma.com. I will post on here if they conclude (as I think they must) that their ads. are misleading by implying that the Ultra Box fits any Fiamma bike rack. (I would be interested in hearing if FIDGET is still convinced that he had a standard Pro C bike rack, his picture seems to show a vertical bar of the bike rack sticking up well above the top of the Box- or is that something else)?

OP
OP
W

washedup

Free Member
Jul 9, 2015
Fleet Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Thanks everyone for the help. Fiammastore have now agreed that the Ultra Box 360 cannot be used with the Carry Bike Pro C, and are going to change the description on their website and reimburse me for the Ultra Box 360. I don't know whether fiamma will take steps to ensure other retailers follow suit, until then, buyers beware.

Reactions: DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Having just looked at a picture of that rack I suspect the box will physically fit but you could only use the bottom two U bolts to secure the box. But it does look a very weird rack and seems to be secured by only one pair of fixing points only a short distance above the bottom rail which must put a lot of force on them.

OP
OP
W

washedup

Free Member
Jul 9, 2015
Fleet Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
That's just the issue DBK, the Ultra Box can be attached to the Carry Bike Pro C, but only the bottom U bolts can be fitted, while the fitting instructions (which are basically diagrams) show that the top U bolts must always be fitted. The retailer 'agentfiamma' have asked for clarification from the importers, and have told me that there is a Q & A article which is on the website http://www.fiamma.com/EN/service/faqs/ and add 'It is just unfortunate the the Fiamma instructions don't match this advice'. The website says:-
"All three Ultra-Box for Carry-Bike (320, 360, 500) can be mounted on all Fiamma Carry-Bike apart for the ones with the non-aligned rails, or not centred in the Carry-Bike (VW T5 D, VW T4 D, DJ 200, 200 D, Renault Trafic D).
This implies that Fiamma do not recognise that the Ultra Box cannot be fitted on their Carry Bike Pro C in accordance with their own instructions.
The retailer agentfiamma further inform me that this matter is to be raised at the German Conference in late August.
In the meantime agentfiamma are making arrangements to recover the Ultra Box from me.

Rogdoge

Free Member
Oct 13, 2016
Colchester, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coach-built
Exp
Sine 2014
IMG_20160809_172742.jpg Hello guys,
I found these older posts when searching how to fit Ultravox onto Fiamma Pro C bike rack.
I know it is probably too late but I believe I have a good solution.
Picture below
IMG_20160809_172742.jpg

I did have to drill new holes in the top tube so it could be positioned to provide the top fixings.
Regards
Roger

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back