LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
I have fitted several of these style locks to various caravans/MoHos where fitting of bore robust deadlocks was not possible, however I have read (somewhere on this forum) that the actual locks on them are easily defeated

Anyone know please?

download.jpg

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Have a read up on
Tubular pin tumbler locks
A few years ago there was a problem with cheaper motorcycle locks where the cap off a biro with the pocket clip cut off could open this type of lock.
I doubt they use expensive mechanisms in these locks but then i dont know for sure one way or another.
Any visible deterrent is useful and will maybe cause them to move onto the next one not so well protected but if they want to get in they will.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Plenty utube clips of getting in with a biro, I was thinking of getting one a while ago but after giving the job some thought and advice off here didn't bother, if you put one on and lock it , thieves know you are out, no use when you are in as you can't lock them from inside and even if you could it makes it more difficult to get out in case of fire or something, so gave up on them, and it doesn't stop anyone getting in through the windows.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back