Fiamma sun canopy - squeeeeeak!

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by 1_man_and_his_dob(lo), Mar 28, 2012.

1. 1_man_and_his_dob(lo)

1_man_and_his_dob(lo) Funster

I've got a Fiamma F45 awning...

.. OK, actually it's the sun canopy bit that goes over doors on RVs, etc. which makes it big enough for my 'van...

...and it's currently making a horrible squeaking noise as I retract it back into its case (and a little bit when you wind it out sometimes). The noise appears to be coming from the plastic loop that you hook the handle into and rotate.

It started happening a bit last year but then stopped - from memory I don't think it happens when the weather's hot, but I haven't really been able to prove that recently :rain:

Any suggestions on a cure? Is there a mechanical adjustment I can make, or some sort of spray/grease that I'm supposed to be using?

2. stcyr

stcyr Funster

White lithium grease? WD40 not a good idea, doesn't agree with lots of plastics... :thumb:

3. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

Why not give Johnscross a ring Neil. They're very helpful.

4. JJ

JJ Funster

Captain Pugwash had a similar complaint in Marjal and borrowed some of my silicone spray (which I use on my Rubik cube to make it twist smoother). I assume it did the trick as I heard no complaint...

JJ :Cool: