Fiamma Rear Box

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Scottyboy, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Scottyboy

Scottyboy Funster

I am after a rear box to fit on my bike rack but am not prepared to pay the mega bucks for a Fiamma, Has anyone found a cheaper alternative? I've been looking for large plastic toy chest type boxes but not found any big enough!

2. davanne

davanne Funster

What about one of the outdoor garden storage chests.I think they sell them at b and q ,homebase or Argos.:Smile:
    We bought one in Spain a few years ago from a DIY place it was about 4ft long and made from quite robust plastic and stood out in the sun over there for months on end with no problems.:Smile:
    Just checked b and q Blooma plastic storage box ....sorry don't know how to do a link also have plenty on ebay

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

4. Ninovan

Ninovan Funster

There are usually a few going on fleabay.I sold a 500 & only got £160 for it. :cry:

5. Scottyboy

Scottyboy Funster

I didn't think to search for garden storage chest:Blush: I was fixated with searching toy chests, they look ideal

6. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

We got a Thule storage box. We used it for a trip to Scotland skiing. And a trip to the lake district . It's in excellent condition. Black and silver grey if I remember.
    Now we don't take the kids away with us. ( all working and doing their own thing now ) we don't use it.
    If you or anyone else is interested Ralph says he'll see how much they are going second hand . It might as well get sold. :thumb:

7. rikfos

rikfos Funster

A really good idea I bought 2 boxes from Lidl. I think that they were about £29 and 4 ft long and lockable

• Like Like x 1