Fiamma quick fit privacy rooms

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Ovalball, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Ovalball

Ovalball Funster

Saw one of the above awnings yesterday and wondered if anyone who had one could give their thoughts please?They advertise 15 minutes to erect,doesn't seem bad.Any thoughts from owners please?

2. DanielFord

DanielFord Funster

PAH! It will take 15 minutes if you have a team of about 5 operating with military precision!
    It takes me about an hour to get ours attached, with the help of my wife who sips gin and points out the things I have done wrong! :D

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like it Like it x 1
  3. Terry and Jan

Terry and Jan Funster

I had one that came with my motorhome, put the sides on, thought sod that, sold the sides on fleebay. Pain in the arse!

• Like it Like it x 3
  4. JFD

JFD Funster

We have one that came with our motorhome, and we have put it up once, just to see what it is like.

It was quite simple to put up, as long as you have a small stepladder, because you need to be able to get to the highest point of the roll-out, in order to attach the sides. It all went together in around 30 minutes (and it was our first time with it) with just the two of us.

The sides fitted well, but the front seemed to be about 5cm too short! We put that down to not understanding the process and, becoming convinced that we would probably never use it again, we just packed it away, and transferred it to the garage when we got home. It will probably go with it again, when the motorhome goes, but I cannot see much point, really. We bought the motorhome so we could see more places and be more mobile than you can with a fixed tent, so adding a fixed tent to the side of a motorhome seems a bit of a retrograde step.

• Like it Like it x 4
  5. Feltwell

Feltwell Funster

15 minutes sounds optimistic to me.

I have also only used ours once, again it came with the van. It's a good awning and survived very wet & windy Welsh weather with no problems, but once it's up the van's immobile. The one time we used it for a week we had the car with us as well.

We're trying to manage without an awning at all - but if I do decide one is needed then it'll be a drive-away type.

• Like it Like it x 2
  6. janeb

janeb Funster

We had one a few years ago, found it quite heavy to use/store. Also, you seem to get condensation, and they rattle alarmingly in a light breeze ! Not good for sleep. Swapped it for a more lightweight Kampa, now moved on to a Kampa Motor Rally Air Pro, but we do tow a little car, so a fixed awning is not for everyone. We also have a very lightweight Lillypad Leisure which is so easy for weekends, etc.

• Like it Like it x 1
  7. Stumpy

Stumpy Funster

no thanks had one done that worn the shirt a right pain in the arse, sold it after only one use now have an inflatable drive away awning far better and in france you wont get someooe on your pitch if you go off for the day

8. SallyP

SallyP Read Only Funster

Sound like a non starter then !!!! I do like the soun of the one that stays put when you take Moho out for the day

• Like it Like it x 1
  9. SHARON JOHN

SHARON JOHN Funster

The drive away air beams Ones sounds what your looking for, their really brilliant and sturdy.
    We had a fiamma safari room, extremely heavy material and like others said need a ladder and Popeyes's muscles!!!
    Airbeam every time

10. jezport

jezport Funster

We have lots of customers buying our panels after having privacy rooms, 15mins LOL

11. suavecarve

suavecarve Funster

As per everyone else. Had one that came with the van and sold it to someone who doesnt read the threads !
    Had a driveaway awning for a couple of years when surfing so we were on the same campsite all the time and it did the job.
    Now we have no kids to come away with us there is no point.

12. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Well I think they are an excellent piece of kit. Near brick build solidity. If on winter sun trips with a lots of time in one place you can't beat them.

13. Huwmari

Huwmari Funster

We too had one with our first van but it had never been used, we didn't use it and it got sold on with the van. If people want to faff about with room-type awnings, perhaps a caravan would suit them better and would certainly be much cheaper than a motorhome. If, like us, you love to travel and explore, moving on every day or so, then such an awning becomes a real pain. Bear in mind, too, that you can't put them up on the aires so you would have to spend unneccessary money on campsites. We went for a roll-out side awning to give us some shade in hot weather and this takes just seconds to use. Consequently, moving on is no hassle at all and we can be ready to roll within five minutes of making the decision to seek pastures new. Hope you have a wonderful time.