Formerly "gazznhelz"
Mar 16, 2010
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
no, not a chastity devise :)

just fitted a fiamma carry bike jobbie, i need to remove it when i park up at home as i have to reverse right upto a hedge, and with the bike rack in the back i cant get back enough.

at the moment i just undoo the 10mm nuts on the bottom fixings and pop it off the top clips, but obviousely anyone with a 10mm spanner, or pair of pliers can do the same, and i remember many years ago at the peterborough show, just such a thing happened, a gang of thieves went round loads of vans nicking the bikes on the back by taking the whole rack off.

so i was thinking i'd get a couple of those red locking knobs i've seen for the racks, or i think they are for the racks, they are deffo used on the ladder security kits,

but searching fiamma spares sites, i cant find the buggers, anyone know what they are actually called, or have a part number or something??

or even better, someone who has a couple they no longer need???
or if anyone knows of anything similar, i expect with them being fiamma they'll have a silly price, wondering if there are other applications that use a hand wheel type knob, with a key lock to disconnect the nut inside from turning,

i'm guessing they are M6 bolts, as mate usually takes a 13mm spanner,

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
You need a carry bike lock pro, £7-99p now discontinued but we have two in stock so give us a ring as they are not on the website.

Peter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back