Fiamma electric awning (1 Viewer)

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
Hi,
I have just purchased my first motorhome after 2years of researching, knew exactly what I wanted and then bought something totally different! Oh well.
However my 3 year old van has an electric awning which creaks and groans on the way out but makes it. On the way back it slowly grinds to a halt about half way through. The question is am I ok to spray anything that moves with either WD40 or silicone spray or will this do more harm than good?
Many thanks.
Nirvanauk

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hello and welcome to the FUN !

certainly sounds like it needs some lubrication...

personally, i'd use a light silicon grease rather than WD40....WD40 dries out after a while.

clean off as much muck from the links and pivots as possible and protect the fabric as best you can so as not to stain it with grease.

if its a Fiamma awning then Peter at John's cross motorhomes (MHF member) will be along to advise you better.

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
copper grease the joints is all you need to do and it will go in/out fine mine did the smame :whatthe::whatthe:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Best person to ask is Darren or Glenn, sounds like its well clogged up or knackered.

If its knackered and providing its a F65 2006 left hand winder, we have got some on flog off on ebay but dont buy it there, phone Darren and they are £45 !

Link Removed

Peter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back