FIAMMA door locks ~ which type

Discussion in 'Motorhome Accessories' started by veevee, Oct 3, 2015.

1. veevee

veevee Funster

Want to add a little security to the garage and habitation doors, the FIAMMA Security Safe Door Locks appear to be as good as any on the market?

There are two types, through the wall fixing and door frame fixing. The through the wall fixing looks the most secure/substantial to me but never having had them before looking for advice please.

Also noticed it's possible to buy these locks as a three pack with the same key for all locks, is a four pack available too?

Thank you

2. ivorantony

ivorantony Funster

I used this type of lock and you can have the same key for all of them,
    http://www.imc-creations.fr/Verrou-a-Commande-Interieure,5

I used two for the garage that lock from the outside, the habitation door can be locked from both inside and outside and the passenger door only from the inside, substantial locks but easily fitted if you have a little DIY skills

• Like Like x 1
  3. veevee

veevee Funster

Looks very nicely made ivorandtony, what do they cost as a set or individually? Did you fit these yourself or have them fitted, but as you write they don't look too complicated.

Are they alloy or steel?

many thanks

edit: just found the price list. Did you buy in the UK or France?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  4. mariner

mariner Funster Life Member

I bought one of these a few years ago @€95 but never fitted it. The thing I liked about it was that you could also lock it from the inside.

:cooler:

• Like Like x 1
  5. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Before you decide, make sure the lock will fit where you want it. The position of the fridge in our van precluded use of a through the wall fixing so I had to get a frame lock. I bought a contour gauge to make card template of the frame to check with. It showed that the Fiamma would not fit but the Milenco fitted perfectly.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ivorantony

ivorantony Funster

they are made of alloy but very substantial,
    I also have a unit very close to the hab door but had no problem fitting the lock,

I ordered direct from France with a payment by transferwise, much cheaper than using your bank for a one off international transfer,
    I decided on the locks I wanted and they supplied all with the same key,

• Like Like x 1
  7. veevee

veevee Funster

That's a good point Graham, thanks I'll do that. Where did you get accurate dimensions of the various locks before you bought?

Thanks I&T. Will remember transferwise for the future and having a French holiday home allows us to have a French bank account so fairly straightforward.

Hope to get a solid week to work on our Hymer in around 3 weeks time, how long was the lead time from order to delivery, assuming they have to prepare the lock barrels for the number of locks with one key.

8. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

We have two local spares places. The first one we went to had a Fiamma in stock and the second had a Milenco. I was able to offer up the template against the actual locks.

9. veevee

veevee Funster

Ah, lucky you. I'll find another way to get dimensions but thanks for the original idea to check available space.