Fiamma Cargo Back

Discussion in 'Motorhome Accessories' started by Gary217, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Gary217

Gary217 Funster

Hi - has anyone used or got a Fiamma Cargo Back and if so, what do you think of it? It seems a good idea for carrying bits and pieces that are not too precious or susceptible to damp, such as outside chairs, groundsheet/mat etc. it also has the advantage it folds away and is a lot cheaper than a rigid box.
    Any views from users on how well they work and fit onto the bike rack gratefully received before we splash out on one.
    Thanks

2. Cal54

Cal54 Funster Life Member

Had one for several years and found it great. This was in the day before they made a metal frame to box the interior. I used it for chairs, levellers etc. just secured with bungees and compression straps etc.

3. smithy184

smithy184 Funster

Hi Gary, did you buy one? I bought one a couple of year ago along withe internal frame. Used it once, very good, then changed moho to one with a garage. If your still in the market I may be able to save you some money. Let me know.
    Paul

4. Gary217

Gary217 Funster

Thanks Smithy - I've sent you a private conversation
    Cheers

5. suntor4us

suntor4us Read Only Funster

Hello Gary. Just seen your message and you are probably sorted by now. In case anyone else is looking we had a fiamma cargo back for the last 5 years and it was very good. Last season just about killed it off so I looked around for another or alternative. Anyway just bought a bag from bags4everything.co.uk
    It is under their section entitled 'zipped rectangle base waterproof bags'- page 2. I bought the large one at £47. It is excellent and very strong so this link may be of interest to any other funsters who are looking for similar. Also their range of bags is amazing so you might be tempted by something else! I bought a awning pole bag which is very substantial. You probably know already but put a piece of carpet or other material in the bottom of your back bag or items in the bag will wear through in no time where they rub against the bike rack. Good luck. Dave

6. Gary217

Gary217 Funster

Thanks Dave - using a piece of carpet is a useful tip I hadn't picked up on. I'm nearly sorted on the cargo back but will have a look at the bags website as we could do with a couple of unusual shaped bags for some other stuff.

7. rikfos

rikfos Funster

I have a cargo back with internal frame, never been used. If anyone is interested I want £45 for it