fiamma bike rack

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by chaser, Mar 16, 2013.

1. chaser

chaser Funster

probably everyone knows this but I am new to these things but the van came with it on so thought I would try it, it says to carry 60kg and two or three bikes so I put a full aquaroll which is about 40kg on it to see how it carried weight, and to be honest I dont like the look of it bounceing about, will it realy carry weight , (I dont want to carry bikes) or am I better forgetting about it and take it off, could do with a bit of spare carrage mind

2. meanders

meanders Funster - Life Member Life Member

We have always carried 3 bikes safely on our bike rack, yes they do tend to bounce but we have never had a problem,
    Our rack is supposed to be able to carry 4 bikes but I think that would be difficult as we have to place three on in a set way to get them on safely!!

3. FIDGET

FIDGET Funster

Hi , I took the bike rails off and put a back box on , I weighed each item just to make sure ( carries 2 chairs , pr of quattro wedges +1 fiamma wedge ,mud mats, 2 small tables,& small spade.) works for me.
    Terry:sin:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Good idea if you are never going to need bikes.

There are three sizes, 320, 360 and a 500 litre, but not cheap unfortunately

Fiamma Ultra Box 320

The Fiamma Ultra Box 320 for campervans and motor caravans is made from top quality ABS-PLUS to provide high resistance and protection against impacts, weather conditions and UV rays. The Fiamma Ultra Box 320 is co-extruded and have water tight foam seals and flexible luggage netting. Supplied complete with stainless steel hinges and aluminium profiles (except Box 180). All boxes can be mounted onto Carry-Bikes with kit included or direct to the rear wall via an optional 'Wall Mounted Kit'.
    Fiamma Ultra Box 320 Specifications

Volume: 320L
    Weight: 12Kg
    Size Open cm: 100L x 83W x 103H
    Size Closed cm: 100L x 53W x 70H

Peter

• Like Like x 2
  5. Daveo2006

Daveo2006 Read Only Funster

The reason it bounces about with the aquaroll is because you have condensed the weight of the load to a smaller area rather than spread the weight across the rails as would the bikes or the storage box be.:Smile:

• Like Like x 3
  6. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

I carry an aquaroll, among other lightweight but bulky items, in my back box on the bike rack, but it is an empty one
    I can't imagine why anyone would want to carry a full one, not to mention needing to be a circus strongman to lift it onto the rack.:Rofl1:

7. chaser

chaser Funster

no, just tried it for the weight , filled it when it was on:Wink:

8. chaser

chaser Funster

9. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Best to phone Glenn, my workshop manager and ask his opinion 01-580-881288 during the week

Peter

10. busby

busby Funster

Friend of mine with a Compass damaged the back wall on his van by fitting a cycle rack. He had to fabricate rt angle brackets and bolt them to the floor to reinforce it.

11. Daveo2006

Daveo2006 Read Only Funster

I have a box on my rack but only use it for boots, chocks, leads,thermal blinds etc.I suppose folding table and chairs will go in there for summer.Good to have the extra space as no garage on our van.