Free Member
Mar 8, 2012
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Hi All
We have just purchased our first Motorhome (Ci Riviera 363). We like cycling and decided to buy a Fiamma bike rack for the CI van. Looking at the instructions, to fit the rack it clips over the top 2 brackets and then you bolt through the botton 2 brackets with a couple to M6 bolts.
Whats stops someone just taking the bottom bolts out anf then lifting the rack off the van?
It does not seem to me to be very secure...or perhaps i'm missing something
Thanks
Steve

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Hi and :welcome:

Round off the bolt heads so spanner won't grip ... done it on ours :thumb:

Upvote 0
S

stagman

Deleted User
Hi All
We have just purchased our first Motorhome (Ci Riviera 363). We like cycling and decided to buy a Fiamma bike rack for the CI van. Looking at the instructions, to fit the rack it clips over the top 2 brackets and then you bolt through the botton 2 brackets with a couple to M6 bolts.
Whats stops someone just taking the bottom bolts out anf then lifting the rack off the van?
It does not seem to me to be very secure...or perhaps i'm missing something
Thanks
Steve

Loctite or a spot weld , and as said rounding up your nuts but please don't take this the wrong way :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Haven't heard of any racks being nicked.. but as said, rounding the bolt heads will help.. however, the thieves usually go for the bikes.. not the rack. If that is your worry, then sadly, if they want them.. they will have them..

I've had two expensive bikes nicked.. both during the night, and both times the scrotes cut though heavy steel security cable.. and we never heard a thing.. so in the end I gave up, and decided to only take old bikes that wouldn't attract attention.. also less work keeping clean, they get into a hell of a mess on a rack.

Other option is to move them indoors at night .. not very desirable or practical, best leave the eye candy at home.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back