May 16, 2014
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On & off 30yrs?
Hi all,
I am looking to purchase a either a Back Bag or Back Box for my MH. My only reservation with a bag is the fact that the base of cycle rack is about 4' 6" off the ground. I am sure that there are a lot of members that have the Back Boxes and can they possibly advise me how useful they are. Can you store a lot in them and do they fit & lock securely?
Look forward to hearing from you all!

'Woody' Allan
www.woodyallan.co.uk

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
We had lack of storage problems on our old Hymer, so had a large bag made up by a local sail maker this fitted on the pull out motor cycle rack. It was massive with a zip top, all secured by two straps, above this we had the bike rack all looked very neat. Great feature was that it is much more versatile than having a box.

LilacMoss

Free Member
Jan 10, 2015
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Looking again....
Exp
Im a newbie...since Sept 14
Have a chat with @ukbill...he's unmissable with his inexpensive black back box...but it works :):D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I got a Fiamma Ultrabox 360 and find it very useful, I would go for a box rather than a bag because I wouldn't want to load it from above as I don't think it would be very easy to organise. I got mine off ebay for a good price.

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
Got the larger back box, makes the MH liveable, couldn't be without it. Make sure you check with the MH manufacturer what the weight limits are for the rear panel and check rear axle weights.
In ours we put 2 small chairs, 2 loungers (both very lightweight), 25 litre plastic water container, various hoses, ground sheet and silver screen. Still a good 15kilo short of maximum load.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
get a garden storage box strap onto the bike rack cover it (if u want to) with a grey taup or green or red or watever rocks ya boat and job done my new 1 was a massive 30quid from b&q who wants to pay loads of money for a bloody fiamma and my box holds more that the large fiamma 1

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back