fiamma awning (1 Viewer)

Lucysmum

Free Member
Jul 29, 2009
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
Exp
6 whole months!
Hi anyone, I have a swift sundance 600s 02 reg. based on Fiat Ducato. I want to fit a Fiamma awning, and am not sure about where fixings should be. Are there specific reinforced areas at the top of van wall to take the weight? Any tips from anyone who's fitted one? Thanks Tony. AKA other half Lucysmum.

e20rod

Free Member
Mar 8, 2010
Inverurie
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Just started!
Hi,

I've recently fitted one to our Autoroller. I couldn't find anything which detailed where to fix it. In the end I just tapped around with the handle of a screwdriver and found the 'solid' sounding bit. Lots and lots of measuring and double checking followed before I finally took the plunge and drilled the first hole. After that it was a breeze.

I made sure the fixings worked out so that they were inside cupboards on the inside of the van. Also make sure that where awning sits on the mounting brackets that there's clearance to fit the bolts which hold the awning to the brackets. I had to do some adjusting as first time round the arm brackets were in the way. It just meant moving the awning along on the brackets a bit. I'd already drilled one of the holes through the bottom of the awning housing housing, but its not really an issue, I know its there but its not obvious.

I used some scaffolding to get a good working platform. The awning is fairly heavy but as long as you have a good platform its OK. I wouldn't recommend a step ladder!

Good luck!

Cheers,

Rod.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi anyone, I have a swift sundance 600s 02 reg. based on Fiat Ducato. I want to fit a Fiamma awning, and am not sure about where fixings should be. Are there specific reinforced areas at the top of van wall to take the weight? Any tips from anyone who's fitted one? Thanks Tony. AKA other half Lucysmum.

Hi,

If you give Glenn Harris, our service manager a call on 01-580-881288 or Ian they can advise you.

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back