Fiamma Aqua 8 - Nosiy Water Pump

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by veevee, May 18, 2012.

1. veevee

veevee Funster

Hello

Have just started to commission a new to us 1992 Hymer S 670, and are at the water system cleaning and filling stage.

On re-connecting the Fiamma Aqua 8 (10LPM) pump after leaving disconnected for the winter I ran the pump dry for 3 - 4 seconds to check on operation (researched it can run dry without problem). It ran very quietly and instantly.

Half filled tank with water and ran for bursts of 10 - 15 seconds with hot and cold taps open, at that point it was sounding like a small Kango hammer.

On re-fitting the pump I took trouble to make sure the 4 rubber feet were not compressed to enable the sound and vibration insulation, so a rigid connection to the MH body is not the problem.

Once all taps supplied water without air just ran the taps for short bursts to listen to the pump, very noisy but functioning. The pump runs for 20 - 30 seconds once the tap is off even though a Fiamma accumulator is fitted, think that is too long?

Do we have a knackered pump, a problem I can't see, or is this normal for a ' whisper qiete ' pump?

Any help appreciated

2. Glynn

Glynn Read Only Funster

I've just changed our jabsco par8 ( same as a fiamma I think ) which was noisy for a shuffle. Shuffle is very quiet.

3. Pikeman

Pikeman Funster

We have a fiamma, it runs on for 5-10 seconds and I think it is noisy, but then I dont know how noisy it is supposed to be. It works!!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

If you are in the UK at the moment, give Glenn my service manager a ring on 01-580-883060 and pick his brains

Peter

5. veevee

veevee Funster

Thanks Glynn, but what's a shuffle?

6. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

He means a Shurflo pump :Rofl1::Rofl1:

7. Wynnster

Wynnster Read Only Funster

Hi,

We had exactly the same problem with our CI - went out and bought a shureflo (£80) - what a difference! Virtually silent, doesn't run as long, works with our Fiamma accumulator
    Best thing we've done for the van so far....